This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

GUI Icons missed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brodie
Registered Member

Re: GUI Icons missed

Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:17 am
massimobarbieri wrote:Not yet for me!
Max-B

Very frustrating, it makes the program very difficult if not impossible to use!
farid
Registered Member
OS

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:47 pm
massimo and brodie,

just a doubt, which icon theme are you using for your desktop? would you mind maybe trying another and see if it works? also you have force the breeze icons enabled right?

brodie
Registered Member

Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:26 pm
Thanks for this, but I have tried both of those things, and neither made any difference.
Currently I have purged Kdenlive and the PPAs and reverted to a legacy version (15.08 I believe) and I have icons. From here I hope to upgrade and see if that works, as this was my route on my previous installation and everything was ok. I appreciate that won't help you get the root of the problem, but I would like to be up and running again! :)
If I can provide any info I would be happy to do so, but I'm not a developer so would need clear instructions.

Thanks for the reply though!

farid wrote:massimo and brodie,

just a doubt, which icon theme are you using for your desktop? would you mind maybe trying another and see if it works? also you have force the breeze icons enabled right?
brodie
Registered Member

Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:01 pm
So this worked for me on Ubuntu 16.04 Unity...
It doesn't address the fundamental problem with the install but it does get you up and running again for those of us that just want to use this great program.
I removed (purged) the Kdenlive PPA and Kdenlive.
I then added this legacy PPA from:
https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/u ... elease-old
So I ended up with v15.12 installed, and I had all the icons and themes.
I then added the current Kdenlive stable PPA. Software updater launched almost immediately offering me the 16.08 update. I installed this and found I now had all the icons and themes in a the latest stable version.
Hope this works for others!
B.
qubodup
Registered Member

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:17 pm
On Arch Linux I can run
Code: Select all
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE kdenlive

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/qt ... r_than_KDE

So I just added this to ~/.bashrc:

alias kdenlive='XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE kdenlive'

Thanks to https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/51351?s ... &closedto=
msundman
Registered Member

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:25 am
I have the same problem. I have oxygen-icon-theme, breeze-icon-theme and kde-runtime installed, but still some icons are missing. If I run kdenlive with XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE then all icons are missing.
qubodup
Registered Member

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:53 am
Try the instructions from
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/qt ... r_than_KDE

and perhaps also find these or similar packages:
plasma-desktop 5.8.1-1
plasma-framework 5.26.0-1
plasma-integration 5.8.1-1
plasma-workspace 5.8.1-1
oxygen 5.8.1-1
oxygen-icons 1:5.26.0-1
oxygen-icons-svg 1:5.26.0-1
oxygen-kde4 5.8.1-1
ttf-oxygen 1:5.4.3-1
breeze 5.8.1-1
breeze-gtk 5.8.1-1
breeze-icons 5.26.0-2
breeze-kde4 5.8.1-1
cedricl
Registered Member

Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:35 pm
Me too I have the same problem.

My analysis on my computer is that, there is that, qt5 applications are not well configurable under gnome like desktop (ubuntu-unity, gnome-shell, ...). When I start kdenlive under plasma desktop, everything works fine. But under unity, many icons are missing.

There are some tricks on the web, dealing with qt5 apps integration under non kde desktop. They suggests to install qt5ct and put
export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME="qt5ct"
in the ~/.profiles file and restart session. With this trick, breeze icon theme (even others as oxygen icon theme) work very well, but with qt5ct activated, you don't have global menu in qt5 apps. So this is not the solution for me.

I'm searching for a workaround like changing an icon theme environment variable just fur kdenlive.
cedricl
Registered Member

Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:41 pm
OK!!! Yes I solved my/the problem.

thanks to qubodup

In fact, instead of starting kdenlive like this

XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE kdenlive

you should rather start like this

XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=PLASMA kdenlive

With PLASMA, everything works fine, I have all icons.
lutzv
Registered Member

Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:04 pm
I'm using neither "KDE" or "Gnome", and hoped that the AppImage would come with everything (also icons) included, but that is currently not the case - I submitted bug https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=373890 regarding this.

I'm looking forward to a fixed AppImage as for now, I cannot really use kdenlive 16.12, even though I'm familiar with the 0.9x versions.

I just finished creating a 30-minute video (from >200 takes and using about 600 effects), but had to do this still with 0.9x - I would love to try importing this project into a recent kdenlive to see how close it has come by now to "productive usability" ;)
rachelk
Registered Member

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:47 pm
I realise this is an old thread but I've spent several hours this afternoon trying to work out why I can't see all the options in kdenlive - specifically the record monitor option.

Is there a definitive solution for this at all? Any ideas gratefully received.