This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to render fast on Kdenlive?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Tinoquito
Registered Member

How to render fast on Kdenlive?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:05 pm
I want a customized profile or help for get a faster rendering in my videos. Thanks to all :D!
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to render fast on Kdenlive?

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:00 am
If you want to put speed before quality, copy the MPG2 proxy profile into a render profile.
If you want quality, and file size does not matter, check h.264 with ultrafast preset.
If you want quality and small files, use h.264 with slow preset, but rendering will be - as the preset indicates, slow.

All in all, you can choose any two from these:

High SPEED
High QUALITY
Small FILESIZE

But you can't have them all.
mickae
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to render fast on Kdenlive?

Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:06 pm
Hallo capsolck,
For some time I'm looking for the right setting for maximum quality. But on the internet I have occasionally read that you get the best quality with "solw".

e.g. here, and I don't know if this is true, therefore in brackets:
(((https://www.reddit.com/r/kdenlive/comme ... _what_are/
The slower the encoding speed, the more time it takes to optimize the compression and things like that, so it will take longer to process the video, but will give you a smaller file with a higher quality. )))

You write here exactly the opposite. What is surprising to me is that you get the higher quality in the shorter time.

Do I understand you correctly here: h.264 with ultrafast preset = maximum quality?