This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Proxyfile directory

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Proxyfile directory

Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:22 pm
kdenlive version 16.08.1

Hi, I just saw in another thread that proxies are stored in ~/.cache/kdenlive foder. Before they were stored in a subfolder of the project. I do the kdenlive work on an external HDD and do not want to fill my homedir with proxies.

Is it possible to get the proxies into the project folder? I did not find a field for this in the settings.
qubodup
Registered Member

Re: Proxyfile directory

Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:01 am
Assuming there's no config option for that, the following might work:
Code: Select all
mv ~/.cache/kdenlive ~/.cache/kdenlivebak
ln -s /media/otherdrive/kdenlivecachewant/ ~/.cache/kdenlive
mv ~/.cache/kdenlivebak/* ~/.cache/kdenlive
rmdir ~/.cache/kdenlivebak
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:29 am
Yeah, that might do the trick. But linking is a dirty solution. I wonder why the proxies went there and if they will be removed automatically or grow infinitely. Removing them manually will also work only by checking the creation date, because the filenames are some UUID or some other cryptic ID.

So, finally: A project setting switch "Store proxies in project folder" would be nice.
rbckman
Registered Member

Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:15 am
Hi, I also would very much like to have all cache and proxy files in the directory of the project. I wonder what's the idea of the recent change?
farid
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:12 am
I think the change might have to do with the Library feature.

You can always as a workaround archive the project and have everything of the project in the same folder.

Cheers