This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

LUT Effect?

Tags: lut, effects lut, effects lut, effects
(comma "," separated)
brodie
Registered Member

LUT Effect?

Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:02 pm
I was excited to stumble across some LUT effects in Kdenlive today (under 'Misc'). There is LUT, LUT3D LUTRGB and LUTYUV. It's not immediately apparent to me how these work though, as they don't appear to have any accessible controls. I have searched in the handbook and Wiki but not come up with any information, is there anything out there at all about using these? Specifically can you load a .cube file into them?
Thanks in advance!
brodie
Registered Member

Re: LUT Effect?

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:58 pm
Interesting update over on the Shotcut website regarding this:
https://shotcut.org/blog/
The relevant passage being:
"Another forum user suggested to add a 3D LUT filter. Fortunately, this was already available through the MLT+FFmpeg engine, and it was easy to add a UI to expose this powerful filter."
Does this mean it might be relatively straight forward to add this to Kdenlive as well?
alcinos
Registered Member

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:49 pm
This is indeed rather straightforward.
I'm working on it, and without unexpected roadblocks, it should be available soon. Stay tuned ;)
brodie
Registered Member

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:03 pm
Excellent news! Thank you for your efforts. :)
alcinos
Registered Member

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:50 am
Patch merged into the codebase ;) It should be shipped into the next release. Enjoy!
farid
Registered Member
OS

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:50 pm
alcinos wrote:Patch merged into the codebase ;) It should be shipped into the next release. Enjoy!

Hey, thanks a lot for the patch! So nice to see more people joining in! Besides the forum (here) and mailing list, we have a community at G+ (if you use it).

PS
I am working on tagging "low hanging fruit" section in the tracker, if you'd like I can point you to some easy bugs xD

Cheers and thanks!