This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Crashes with transition overlay

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tojosettantadue
Registered Member
OS

Re: Crashes with transition overlay

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:38 pm
Great news! With the today's updates of frei0r plungins and melt, kdenlive stopped crashing with overlay (and screen) transitions.

oluja
Registered Member

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:24 pm
Which update? How do you updated melt and the plugin?
oluja
Registered Member

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:35 pm
Updated my ubuntu and now its also working. Great! ;)
tojosettantadue
Registered Member
OS

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:51 pm
oluja try to use rotoscope effect. With my ubuntu studio 16.04 crashes. Is it the same for you?

oluja
Registered Member

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:46 am
tojosettantadue wrote:oluja try to use rotoscope effect. With my ubuntu studio 16.04 crashes. Is it the same for you?

With kdenlive 15.xx from the Software Center it dosnt chrash. After upgrading to 16.08.2 ist crashing when using the retroscope effect.
tojosettantadue
Registered Member
OS

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:15 pm
oluja wrote:With kdenlive 15.xx from the Software Center it dosnt chrash. After upgrading to 16.08.2 ist crashing when using the retroscope effect.

Ok! I understand, we have always the same problems because we have the same ubuntu realase

pommesmaen
Registered Member

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:39 pm
since the last updates via Ubuntu everything is working ;D
oluja
Registered Member

Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:41 pm
pommesmaen wrote:since the last updates via Ubuntu everything is working ;D

Have you tested everything?
oluja
Registered Member

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:02 am
tojosettantadue wrote:
oluja wrote:With kdenlive 15.xx from the Software Center it dosnt chrash. After upgrading to 16.08.2 ist crashing when using the retroscope effect.

Ok! I understand, we have always the same problems because we have the same ubuntu realase

tojosettantadue one question, have you made a bug report because of the retroscope bug?
tojosettantadue
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:27 am
oluja wrote:tojosettantadue one question, have you made a bug report because of the retroscope bug?

No, because @ https://kdenlive.org/bug-reports/ isn't possible to download "test_file.kdenlive"
5. Download this simple project file (containing color clips): test_file.kdenlive and play it with MLT’s player: melt test_file.kdenlive

so I'am not able to report the bug.

oluja
Registered Member

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:06 am
tojosettantadue wrote:
oluja wrote:tojosettantadue one question, have you made a bug report because of the retroscope bug?

No, because @ https://kdenlive.org/bug-reports/ isn't possible to download "test_file.kdenlive"
5. Download this simple project file (containing color clips): test_file.kdenlive and play it with MLT’s player: melt test_file.kdenlive

Of course you can. Click on the link. The last 4 bug reports are genereted from my side, without this testfile. Just create an account and report.
tojosettantadue
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:16 pm
I found this...
Rotoscoping effect is known to crash in the Kdenlive 16.08.x versions. This was fixed in git master and will be released as Kdenlive 16.12 in december.

so... just wait ^-^

farid
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:31 pm
tojosettantadue wrote:

I have corrected this info on website... you don't need to download any file to report a bug. ;)

Cheers

PS
The most important part is step 3.