This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

missing bitrate option on render

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dutchman
Registered Member

missing bitrate option on render

Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:15 pm
Hello all,

First let me introduce myself. My (real) name is Niels and I use kdenlive right from the start when I switched from Windows to Linux, three years ago. I like this program a lot because of it is easy to use but some recent changes question me if I can use kdenlive any longer.

The problem I run into is when you finally want to render a video. In the old user interface (in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS version) you can choose the bitrate. Maybe oldfashion for some of you but to me it is a good indication of the video quality. Now it is mainly replaced by quality options like 15 or 20 which don't mean a lot to me.

Would it be possible to add the bitrate quality for all render profiles again? It is a real help and it would be a waste if it would go out of kdenlive.
qubodup
Registered Member

Re: missing bitrate option on render

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:32 pm
There seems to be a relevant discussion with some info: viewtopic.php?f=272&t=133300
dutchman
Registered Member