This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

export marked section

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
oluja
Registered Member

export marked section

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:33 am
Hello community,

i found a nice thing in kdenlive which helps me to trim Videos very fast without Rendering it. It Sound good but this function dosnt work like it should work.

in the clip Monitor i mark a section from a video. When adding thsi video to the timeline, all is ok. But theres a feature "export section" (sorry, have it in german and dont know exactly whats the english description). Just click with the right mouse button on the Clip Monitor, after you marked a section, and select this function.

The Export is running in a few seconds. But the result is not ok, kdenlive is exporting a totally different section and i dont know why. Adding the marked section to the timeline, ist exactly the section which was marked.

This feature is very cool and maybe you can fix this (dont wanna use my MAC anymore). :-)

Regards, Oluja!
oluja
Registered Member

Re: export marked section

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:40 pm
Fixed this. I think the problem comes with the upgrade from 14.04 LTS to 16.04 LTS or some installations.
After a brand new installation today. the triming function works very well. Im very happy now. ;D

So kdenlive is the only triming tool which works correctly. avidemux is destroying the video.

Great program! Love it!

Regards, Oluja!

P.S.: Interesting thing by the way. On the webside of the melt framework the actually version is 6.2.0. Before i reinstalled ubuntu i had 6.3.0. After the new install i have 6.0.0. I think there was maybe a problem with the melt version.
oluja
Registered Member

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:04 pm
Its working with the kdenlive version from the software center. Version 15.xx. Updated to 16.08.2 and the same issue.
This is definitive a BUG.

How to deal with this now? Where can i report this bug?
qubodup
Registered Member

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:09 am
oluja wrote:Where can i report this bug?

At the bottom of https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_st ... t=kdenlive is the link "File a new bug in the "kdenlive" product" - you might have to register.
oluja
Registered Member

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:47 am
qubodup wrote:
oluja wrote:Where can i report this bug?

At the bottom of https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_st ... t=kdenlive is the link "File a new bug in the "kdenlive" product" - you might have to register.

Thx have found this yesterday. ^-^ Have found also other bugs and will Report them.
oluja
Registered Member

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:17 am
I found the problem with the help from Wegwerf.

Information if somebody have the same problem, how to solve it.

My project settings fit not the framrate from the file which i was extracted a zone. So be sure the project settings have the same resolution and frame rate like the video.
Dont thought this have impcat on extracting because nothing will be rendered. Its just a copy job.

But now all is clear.

Regards, Oluja!