This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No thumbnails for items in the project bin

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
JonasCz
Registered Member
Hi all !

I have a problem with thumbnails for items in the project bin: there's no thumbnails for video or JPEG files in the project bin after closing and reopening kdenlive; I just see a gray rectangle:

The thumbnails show up fine when first adding the video / image files to the project, but when I close Kdenlive and then reopen the project, they are not there anymore. Also; right clicking on the items and selecting "Reload clip" makes the thumbnails appear again.

Probably related: there's no thumbnails for static images in the timeline either (after closing and reopening), however, there are thumbnails for video files in the timeline. All thumbnails show up after selecting "Reload clip" in the clip's context menu.

What could be the problem ? Dependencies / versions ? A setting which I've missed ?

I'm using the latest version of Kdenlive from the kdenlive-testing PPA on Ubuntu MATE 16.04.

Thanks in advance :)
JonasCz
Registered Member
Bump - any ideas ?
bobwong
Registered Member
Disabling use GPU processing in settings playback may work.
bartoloni
OS
JonasCz wrote:Hi all !
I'm using the latest version of Kdenlive from the kdenlive-testing PPA on Ubuntu MATE 16.04.
Thanks in advance :)

Icon preview was an issue related (mostly) to 19.08 release, there was a lot of fixes for this (before the 19.08 this was usually a ffmpeg version fault)
can i suggest to use an updated (2020) appimage? https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.appimage

P.S. for what i think the Ubuntu 16.04 will be no able to run correctly an updated appimage (we have reports about issues with 18.04) .... but you can try.