This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive crashes on rendering

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tr4zodone
Registered Member
OS

Kdenlive crashes on rendering

Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:21 pm
Hello there, people. I'm new both to video editing and to kdenlive. It's the first time I'm rendering a video of mine, which I took like a week to make. I've jumped from one application to another, started with openshot, went to PiTiVi and ended up on Kdenlive because I adapted most well to it, an also because I think it's one of the smartest and, say, complete tools on the topic.

However, once I pressed the render button and it started, uh, rendering, and I waited until it got to like 45-65% the program crashes. It prints the following:
Rendering of /home/paulo/Área de Trabalho/oh-redemption.mp4 aborted, resulting video will probably be corrupted.

medium: [ ref=1, _mlt_properties_load=medium, __mlt_properties_load=medium ]
[libx264 @ 0x7fad880c7b60] interlace + weightp is not implemented

[swscaler @ 0x7fad57b26fa0] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss

I have tried with a smaller, simpler video, with the same effects but with less elements and it worked just fine.
The video I'm trying to render consists of video mp4 files (duh), wav audio files, fade effects and greyscale color effects. Some audio clips overlap, and some fade effects overlap also, but never in the same clip.

I've read that it might be due to overlapping effects, but once I removed ALL of the effects the video still wouldn't render. Any idea on what I could do?

It's a bit of frustrating situation, really. My first ever video can't be seen by anybody ever. If this doesn't work, is there any other application that opens .kdenlive projects?
farid
Registered Member
OS

Re: Kdenlive crashes on rendering

Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:39 pm
Which version of Kdenlive and which OS are you using?

tr4zodone
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:49 pm
farid wrote:Which version of Kdenlive and which OS are you using?

Hello. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 and Kdenlive v. 15.12.3
farid
Registered Member
OS
tr4zodone wrote:

Please install the official PPA and update to the latest version.

https://kdenlive.org/download/

tr4zodone
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:22 pm
farid wrote:
tr4zodone wrote:

Please install the official PPA and update to the latest version.

https://kdenlive.org/download/

well. That did it. Joke's on me.I really didn't expect it to be that simple. Thank you!
farid
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:19 pm
Glad its fixed.

Also install: libavcodec-ffmpeg-extra56

Please mark as solved.