This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

new feature: ADD Subtitle Clip, is it possible?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
hello

i wish to ask to team developers Kdenlive, is it possible new feature: "Add Subtitle Clip" in project Bin?
for actual kdenlive 16.08.2 are there 5 additionals:
1- Add Clip
2- Add Color Clip
3- Add Slideshow Clip
4 -Add Title Clip
5- Add Template Title

will be can add new additional: "Add Subtitle Clip"...
how is will does it works?..
for thoughts :
add "Subtitle Clip" in track:
- does not to change inside the contents data of subtitle (srt), like as impossible modify. If needs to change THEN to use software aegisub.
- does can to change: color/font/space-location/shadow.
- does can to move the "subtitle clip" in track for change the timeline: like as change time of data SRT: example "shift time". example, if you move the "subtitle clip" in track to +5 seconds so the "subtitle clip" will be change time of SRT +5 seconds to FORWARD . If you move the "subtitle clip" in track to -5 seconds so the "subtitle clip" will be change time of SRT -5 seconds to BACKWARD.

this is base feature for "subtitle clip".

for to change color/font/space-location/shadow? open the dialog window (Gui base):
-color rgb:
-list font:
-shadow:ON/OFF
-space-location:x,y
buttons: ok/cancel

this is good idea..or not good idea?

manuel
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
zekthedeadcow
Registered Member
I'm fairly new to subtitling... but shouldn't FFMPEG or the dvd/bluray disk generator be handling subtitles? Having the video editors do this seems early in the workflow...as the transcript shouldn't be made until after the video is final... FWIW I don't add subtitles until the video is on youtube... but I create the srt with "Subtitle Editor"
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
hi zekthedeadcow

i try example: the project concept (partner) give me new project paid so i need to finish project editing video for them, video name AABB, so i finished project editing video.. AABB
i give to other person (video AABB) to work editor subtitle, this mean my job kdenlive is finished...a person finished work editor subtitle save in SRT or ****, this is normal for safety file SRT or **** for future change words or phrase right?...
this mean job are tranquil...

...but other day, the leader project partner said me

"sorry! to need: add other clip in VIDEO AABB (like as add introduction of project) AND that SUBTITLE IS CORRECT.."

this mean they are forget to said me..so my job is correct..THEN i need RE-OPEN project of kdenlive, so this mean: change time of video AABB.. so that the file SRT or **** is not correct because time is different.. THEN result: MUST NEW TIME FOR RE-WORK.. so LOSE THE TIME TO WORK IT...

so i ask you here forum for idea target to SAVE TIME, SAVE ENERGY, "FASTER THANK from KDENLIVE if WILL HAS NEW feature "subtitle clip"..

i don't said TO destroy to editor subtitle.. but LOST TIME A LOT.. LOST TIME A LOT FOR EDITOR VIDEO, NOTHING LOST TIME FOR EDITOR SUBTITLE because has worked as FINE..but problem is from add new clip in VIDEO AABB.. ok? (update)

do you understand zekthedeadcow?
kalimerox
Registered Member
there s gna http://home.gna.org/subtitleeditor/ and some other great open source subtitle editors for linux.

but that s when you want an extra file for it and not hardcode them into the film.

for hardcoding from that file, not sure if this is possible. then i think you need to do the little cumbersome way to make title after title...

but it s also something i d love to see in kdenlive: hard code subtitles from an srt file. where you can still adjust fonts and size..
:)
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
hi kalimerox

software editor subtitle : http://home.gna.org/subtitleeditor/
this software i know but i choose editor subtitle is aegisub ( http://www.aegisub.org/) this is many feature.. but i'm not problem to any software EDITOR SUBTITLE, this is not problem.. but problem is 'work in progress' (is not work-flow) so i think that kdenlive is freedom so i can ask to team developers to new idea good..

i wish that kdenlive has new feature name "Subtitle clip" this mean import data of SRT or A S S, but not edit subtitle like as editor subtitle software..
if kdenlive will can add new feature then i can do "move" CLIP (subtitle) in TIMELINE, kdenlive will does change time code for syncs timestamp and time of timeline project..
also i can cut the clip (subtitle) split in 2 clips (subtitles) so i can fix it (move clips in timeline)
see my link : http://pasteboard.co/2IjLu5L9k.png
i add other clip(video or image png) this perfect to WORKFLOW JOB project kdenlive!
see example link: http://pasteboard.co/r9c0jZaEa.png

also DREAM: kdenlive will does change color of font, style, where you can still adjust fonts and size.. wrote kalimerox this is good idea..
i did wrote first topic ok?

YES IT IS SUPERCOOL for ADJUST FONT >:D >:D
i think kdenlive will can does this new feature but maybe in the future.. >:D
zekthedeadcow
Registered Member
ok I understand what you're trying to do.

In Subtitle Editor you can click on the menu item for Timings and then Move Subtitles. A popup will display the current start time for the first block of subtitles and then you can type in the new start time. So if the new intro adds 5 seconds to the beginning of the video you can simply add five seconds.

It also has the option to move only selected clips just in case the change is in the middle of the video.

But back to your feature request... maybe a good way to implement it is to be able to export Title Clips as new lines in a text document...so the subtitles could be typed in a normal Title Clip... and an export option could be added to save the clip timings and text contents to a .txt.

But really... keeping the subtitling in a subtitling software is ideal because you can load multiple translations in the same project.