This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rendering fails after moving project?!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hummm
Registered Member
Hi all,

I've got a really weird issue here: I have moved a kdenlive project manually (couldn't archive, see my other thread), updating all file links etc. The project shows and plays completely flawless (!) in kdenlive, yet when try to render it, I'm left with a damaged video:

1. Rendering will only take a fraction of the time it normally took
2. The video is about 1/10 of the proper size, has the right duration, but is completely black except...
3. ..."INVALID" shown fullscreen where images should be shown, even the pan&zoom is working on the "INVALID"
4. ...all 10 title clips included are shown just fine, including fading effects
5. ...music will play as supposed.

Run from the command line, kdenlive doesn't give any error messages. Any suggestions what may have happened here?!

Thanks!
hummm.

---
kdenlive Version 16.08.2 in Ubuntu 16.04
KDE Frameworks 5.18.0
Qt 5.5.1 (built against 5.5.1)
The xcb windowing system
qubodup
Registered Member
Some speculative ideas:
1. Save and close the project, then re-open and render
2. The new path has spaces and/or uncommon characters in the path. Eliminate them.
3. (possibly advanced) - open the .kdenlive project file and check file paths. Are there perhaps silly paths like "/home/name/location1/.../location2/" - fix them. You can also copy-paste your kdenlive file into code tags here so we could take a look.
4. This has something to do with proxy files in which case the only idea I have is deleting the cache files at ~/.cache/kdenlive/ - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKslOkep9g0 for an example what the content looks like

If nothing helps, can you fix it by moving the project back?