This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Duration mismatch + clip can't be moved problems

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rlucas
Registered Member
I've got a buggy project and am wondering what might be causing the issues and what steps to take. Other seemingly similar recent projects have been fine.

Problems:
- Stabilising a 2min MOV file worked nicely but the last few seconds of the clip are cut off and the displayed clip length doesn't reflect this.
- On reopening the saved project it randomly gives 'The project file contains clips with duration mismatch' error - though none of the listed clips (which include audio) are the stabilised one. On choosing 'fix duration mismatch' the project reverts to back to previous stage of editing.
- In one project I am not able to cut sections from the .MOV.mlt stabilised clip place them on another vid track and dissolve into the original or apply effects. As a test I created a new project which used the same stabilised clip - I can cut and dissolve etc but can't apply effects. Are there limitations to what can be done with stabilised clips?
- new clips inserted into the project often result in a 'this clip can't be moved' error which can be resolved by saving the project and reopening.
- similarly some clips won't delete. A work around has been to create another track, drag the clip down to it and delete it there or if that doesn't work, delete the whole track with the clip on it.

There is a mix of clip formats from different cameras being used in the project, not sure what else is actually different about this project that would cause the issues.

Would be happy to hear pointers on where to go next or any other info needed.

Thanks

Kdenlive 0.9.10 (sunab PPA)
libvidstab 2:0.98b-0ubuntu0~sunab~trusty1
frei0r-plugins 1.4.0+git20140826.72e51041-0ubuntu0~sunab~trusty
mlt 0.9.3+git20141005.22abed67-0ubuntu0~sunab~trusty1
KDE 4.14.2
Linux Mint 17.3