This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Worked yesterday, now seek bar/time bar is gone

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cbird
Registered Member
OS
Seems that seek on the clip monitor works, but not in the track to seek frames.
I must have changed something, and cant get it back.
I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it kept my settings......I went to settings and selected restore defaults, and it still will not let me seek within the track section of the application.
Views got all messed up while troubleshooting too, what a mess.

How do I reset views to default, and get my time seek thing back?

Also, search on this site is not very good, and having to sign up for two accounts to post in forum is kinda weird.
cbird
Registered Member
OS
I got my views back, but cannot seek to section of video in normal spot, only in clip monitor.
qubodup
Registered Member
Perhaps it's related to the issue described in https://plus.google.com/b/1046835522584 ... c?sfc=true

KNOWN ISSUES 16.08.0: /1 toolbar/ /2 Ubuntu extracodecs/

1. If you don't see the new timeline toolbar after upgrading to Kdenlive 16.08.0, please make sure to delete (or at least rename) your $HOME/.local/share/kxmlgui5/kdenlive/kdenliveui.rc. Unfortunately, we don't have a means at this time to automatically migrate your UI layout, so you will need to tidy your Kdenlive window as you please. But maybe this is a chance to try a smaller track default height as the track layout has been improved to work also with smaller tracks...?

2. Ubuntu 16.04LTS: please make sure to install package libavcodec-ffmpeg-extra56 on Ubuntu, which isn’t installed by default. Without it, all video applications will crash that make use of ffmpeg, such as VLC, SMPlayer, and others when using MP4 containers and/or H.264 footage. 

There's also ~/.config/kdenliverc, which you could try moving/renaming/deleting.
cbird
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for reply/info.
I'll check it out.

Also, I shall donate to project, and try to participate.