This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Selectively ignore frames/areas in vidstab

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
msundman
Registered Member
I very often encounter clips where vidstab gets confused. There might be someone walking past the camera, or there might be lights flashing, or some repeating pattern in the background, or, well, let's just say it's very easily confused. Is there any way to exclude certain areas or frames or colors? The best thing would be to be able to apply kdenlive's full array of filters to a video to mask out frames/areas that vidstab would ignore and then apply the calculated transformations to the original clip.
Here's an example of a problematic clip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2GO5RdsrTirQWwzNE1DNnZXSVE
msundman
Registered Member

Keyframes

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:19 pm
It would be awesome if it would be possible to create keyframes for vidstab, where each keyframe could have the options to lock position and/or rotation. This would solve many of the problems with vidstab. (The vidstab module now has a "tripod frame" option, which locks... something... but it's only for a single frame.)
msundman
Registered Member
This is still a HUGE issue for me, making the video stabilizer practically useless for me half of the time.