This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Speed effect - need fraction-of-percent control

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jarlath
Registered Member
I'm converting a wedding video from VHS to digital. VLC seems to have saved it without the information needed for media players to know what speed to play it at.

But the audio is good, so I can sync by eye. The only issue is that at 185% the video eventually is slower than the audio and at 186% the video speeds ahead of the audio.

I did think I could speed up the audio instead - but the same effect is used for audio so, same constraint. I haven't found the magic percentage yet. Is it possible to control this better with Kdenlive?

(Also, IRC channel is quiet. Is this the best place to give/receive support?)
farid
Registered Member
OS
jarlath wrote:I'm converting a wedding video from VHS to digital. VLC seems to have saved it without the information needed for media players to know what speed to play it at.

But the audio is good, so I can sync by eye. The only issue is that at 185% the video eventually is slower than the audio and at 186% the video speeds ahead of the audio.

I did think I could speed up the audio instead - but the same effect is used for audio so, same constraint. I haven't found the magic percentage yet. Is it possible to control this better with Kdenlive?

(Also, IRC channel is quiet. Is this the best place to give/receive support?)

Could it be that your sync issue is due to the original footage having a different framerate than your project settings?

You can also try the official g+ community for help...

Good luck

jarlath
Registered Member
Thank you farid, that did the trick and offers far more granularity. You were right, the clip was set to 13.x FPS whereas VHS PAL should be 25.