This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

GPU Upgrade vs old computer and best for KDENLIVE

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ksnopek
Registered Member
Hello to everyone,

Could you please recommend me some proper and not expensive (under 50€ for example) Graphic Card, best for my old computer and KDENLIVE?

KDENLIVE its the most important requirement for me !

My computer now: Mainboard MSI K9N Neo v2 with CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (dual core 2,88 GHz), 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD

If possible, please recommend me some real ebay or amazon deals.

You can also recommend me the best Linux distribution for that (I used to work with Ubuntu and Mint and also with XFCE distros for example).

Thank you very very much, have a nice day.

Best regards

Karel
capslock
Registered Member
OS
KDE is the native kdenlive desktop environment, others work but sometimes have quirks. Ubuntu (with sunab ppa) or Archlinux use to be good distors for kdenlive. As kdenlive does the rendering on the CPU a new graphic card may only boost GPU effects. Best choice might be to use proxy files.
ksnopek
Registered Member
Thank you for the answer, it changes my question completely. Have a nice day.
farid
Registered Member
OS
capslock wrote:KDE is the native kdenlive desktop environment, others work but sometimes have quirks. Ubuntu (with sunab ppa) or Archlinux use to be good distors for kdenlive. As kdenlive does the rendering on the CPU a new graphic card may only boost GPU effects. Best choice might be to use proxy files.

Don't use the sunab PPA but rather the official one. Here you can find how to obtain the latest kdenlive according to each distro: https://kdenlive.org/download/

+1 for the proxy suggestion :)