This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Changing Kdenlive project profile?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
magnusl
Registered Member

Changing Kdenlive project profile?

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:54 pm
Hi!

I have a number of older kdenlive with project settings chosen with creating DVDs in mind - home/family videos captured with DV camcorder. However, now I want to render these to HD quality. The clips are 1920 x 1080 25 fps interlaced. But when I change the project profile (at least on some projects), timeline is changed as well, to double speed. So a clip expected to play for 15 secs are given 30 secs, meaning that the last 15 is a frozen last frame.

So: should I be able to change the project profile? Why is this happening? Or could I in some way render to HD 1080i mp4 even though the project profile is DVD Pal or something similar? (attempting to render produces video 720 x 576 rather than 1920 x 1080)

Magnus
ovidiub13
KDE Developer
I have this issue as well. I've imported my clips, and Kdenlive didn't catch that the profile is 1080p 25fps and the clips are 1080p 60fps. Now if I change the profile it messes my editing by reducing it. Parts are missing.
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS
The simplest way would be to keep the project settings and render them scaled. Otherwise, if the new profile retains FPS and Interlaced, switching to a large format should not be a problem. But Kden informs you that problems with defective transitions can occur during the change…

Update: I have tried this. Project in HD 720p with 25 FPS (original camera material 1080/50p) created, a few cuts performed and saved. Then the project was changed to 1080p. No problems (except for the beeping at the sound cuts, but this is identical in both projects.)
Afterwards a project in FullHD with 50 FPS (original camera material) created, a few cuts performed and saved. Then the project was changed to 25 FPS. All cuts were lost! Of the former project length of 01:10:44 only 00:18:15 was left.

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
capslock
Registered Member
OS
Yeah, changed the fps from 29.97 to 25 and all cuts were blown away. Had to redo the project (luckily I wanted to do it anyway).
ovidiub13
KDE Developer
I've reported a bug on this: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=389859

It seems it's a known issue that has been resolved, but it's somehow come back.