This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help - install Kdenlive on Windows 7 - 64 bits - Home Editi

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
camila.pinho
Registered Member
Hi!

I´ve followed all the instructions for install Kdenlive on Windows 7 - 64 bits - Home Edition.

1) After first open, closed and reopoen kdnlive.exe, it didn´t open.

2) In the mildle of this step, got a warning from avg anti vírus. Removed possible threats on avg.

3) Then .exe doesn´t launch Kdenlive aplication.

Can you guys help me?

best regards!

Camila
psamuels
Registered Member
AVG has probably put the .exe file in to the virus vault. You may need to re-install kdenlive and ignore the AVG warning about unusual behaviour if you want to user the application.
derekb
Registered Member
I don't know whether I'm a lemon in a bowl oranges here but here goes, Hello there -I'm using windows 7 64-bit and from the start I could load up Kdenlive windows version and I've used it a number of times without problems however, now I can't even load it up anymore, there are no error messages of any kind, and when I click the icon to load up, I see the curley circle that shows I am loading, but now it shows it for about 3 or 4 seconds and then I wait and wait then nothing happens. Can any body help me to sort this out please?
bartoloni
OS
derekb wrote:I don't know whether I'm a lemon in a bowl oranges here but here goes, Hello there -I'm using windows 7 64-bit and from the start I could load up Kdenlive windows version and I've used it a number of times without problems however, now I can't even load it up anymore, there are no error messages of any kind, and when I click the icon to load up, I see the curley circle that shows I am loading, but now it shows it for about 3 or 4 seconds and then I wait and wait then nothing happens. Can any body help me to sort this out please?

try this:
download latest build: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 2-2-w64.7z

delete the old Kdenlive %appdata% folder (not necessary.. but just to simulate a fresh installation) and 2 other configuration files:

here the location of folders/files to delete:
Code: Select all
    c:/users/USERNAME/appdata/roaming/kdenlive
    c:/users/USERNAME/appdata/local/kdenliverc
    c:/users/USERNAME/appdata/local/klanguageoverridesrc

after that extract the latest kdenlive archive to the desktop...
latest (working) FFmpeg binaries: http://www.wcn.it/ffmpeg-20171016.zip
extract the 11 files of the archive and copied on the Kdenlive folder on desktop... (some files will be overwritten)