This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Mac osx

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
markfoody
Registered Member

Mac osx

Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:38 pm
I was able to run a (all be it minimal) kdenlive using some/all of the following commands in some order (I've probably missed a crucial one too). Your milage will vary.
My question is - given that it doesn't seem to hard to get things to work, is there any chance of providing a full prebuilt app for mac as some of the other KDE projects do?
In the meantime - to answer all those who seem to think it's hard, honestly - it seemed to be pretty straightforward to get things to work... Don't be scared by the long list of brew installs if you are seeing this and wondering if you should try. Really its not hard... (and please, somebody, clean this up and make it more appealing to people by all means !)

Cheers
Mark.

brew install d-bus
brew install qt5 --with-d-bus --force
brew install mlt
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kdenlive.git
cd kdenlive;mkdir build;cd build
brew install haraldf/kf5/kf5-extra-cmake-modules
brew install haraldf/kf5/kdevelop-pg-qt
brew install haraldf/kf5/kf5-kxmlgui
brew link kf5-kcoreaddons
brew install kf5-kate # dont think I needed this, but it got me a bunch of dependencies
brew install haraldf/kf5/kf5-knotifyconfig
brew link gettext --force
cmake .. -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$(brew --prefix qt5)
launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
src/kdenlive.app/Contents/MacOS/kdenlive
farid
Registered Member
OS

Re: Mac osx

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:18 am
hi

our team doesn't have a maintainer for mac osx so we can't really help but contact the folks at macports which have a kdenlive version for mac. they seem to have some problems so maybe you can help them solve it:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52009

thanks!