This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Reindex project to pick up timeline changes

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chubbard
Registered Member
I am a new user with Kdenlive and have run into a problem that Google cant fix for me.

I am working with an almost 2 hour presentation that has been converted from VHS to a video, and I am adding static images over the old VHS slides on a second video track. In Kdenlive itself all the timings appear to work, and the transitions from the old import video are suppressed and the static images show up. However when I go to render it to DVD for example the timings are different, and some of the images (apparently at random) display for a shorter period of time.

I am trying to find out if there is a way to force the application to re-index the image timings to make sure that the images are displayed at the correct time when I am converting to the final video. There are about 90 different images that I am adding on the second track, and most have a fade in and fade out enabled if that makes a difference.

This is on Ubuntu 16.X with build: 4:15.12.3-0ubuntu1
The system is quad core AMD 4100 with 20GB RAM.

Not sure what other info might help as I am still learning how Kdenlive works, and there is a bit of a learning curve.. :)
chubbard
Registered Member
Since I am new to working with Kdenlive I am not sure I was able to describe my problem well. Attached is a screen shot showing the mismatch between the time in the project monitor showing an image and the time in the slider not matching. Is this a fixable problem?

I am attempting to fix things manually by stretching the image display duration to make things match, but it appears to make the problem worse.

farid
Registered Member
OS
chubbard wrote:I am a new user with Kdenlive and have run into a problem that Google cant fix for me.

I am working with an almost 2 hour presentation that has been converted from VHS to a video, and I am adding static images over the old VHS slides on a second video track. In Kdenlive itself all the timings appear to work, and the transitions from the old import video are suppressed and the static images show up. However when I go to render it to DVD for example the timings are different, and some of the images (apparently at random) display for a shorter period of time.

I am trying to find out if there is a way to force the application to re-index the image timings to make sure that the images are displayed at the correct time when I am converting to the final video. There are about 90 different images that I am adding on the second track, and most have a fade in and fade out enabled if that makes a difference.

This is on Ubuntu 16.X with build: 4:15.12.3-0ubuntu1
The system is quad core AMD 4100 with 20GB RAM.

Not sure what other info might help as I am still learning how Kdenlive works, and there is a bit of a learning curve.. :)

I don't know if there is a way of doing what you are asking, but your problem might be because your project settings differ from your footage. Check your footage resolution and see if it matches your projects settings. Hope that helps....

chubbard
Registered Member
Gotcha, I will check on that. Thanks!