This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Black borders (right and left ) in images

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dimzev
Registered Member
When i put images to my project the images have black borders left and right from the image .
what is the the setting i must do for this problem .
i Have many images and want give please a general way for do this .
*my video play normally without black borders

thank you
capslock
Registered Member
OS
Seems as if the aspect ratio of your project settings differs from the one of the pictures. E.g. project settings 16:9 and pictures in 4:3. If so, you have three choices. Fix the project settings to match your pictures or use Pan & Zoom on each picture and choose a section (by losing contents on top and/or bottom) that fits into your screen without borders. Or batch convert the pics to match the project aspect ratio (again by losing contents).
thomasma
Registered Member
Hi, I notice this is an old thread, but I have the same issue, and cannot fix it.

The image file I have added to the kdenlive project is smaller in dimension than the kdenlive project settings. It seems Kdenlive does not permit to move the image beyond it's original position/size.

I have added the Position and Zoom effect to the image file clip. Using the effect, I can move the image file around and change it's zoom level (size). However, the image cannot get "on top of" the black border in each side.

Have a look, the round red image gets placed behind the black bars in the screenshot at http://www.dmcn.dk/kdenlive_error_image_blBorders.png
ttguy
OS
File not found on your screen shot.
thomasma
Registered Member
ttguy wrote:File not found on your screen shot.

I know, has expired. I didn't think that more than a week would be necessarry.
Anyway, I modified the image files size before adding it to KDenlive, so now it works just fine.

So make this a wish; small images should be surrounded by transparent area.
bartoloni
OS
you have to use the zoom...