This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

JPG images render to a white background on Windows

Tags: rendering problem, windows 10, jpg rendering problem, windows 10, jpg rendering problem, windows 10, jpg
(comma "," separated)
Tomas M.
Registered Member
OS
Hello, I was previously using Shotcut, but it didn't have Pan and Zoom ability.

I was very happy to find this software, that is also very similar to Shotcut even in its interface.

Everything looks good (the only thing I miss from Shotcut is the rendering dialog that has much more options), but I also found one problem - if I use Position and zoom filter, it is rendered as white background, same in the timeline preview rendering and in the final rendering.

But... it looks good if I play video in the timeline, it goes white only at the rendering.

Perhaps someone had this issue too?

Thank you!

Last edited by Tomas M. on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
You are trying to achieve a "composition", for that you should use a transition (Composite & Transform or Affine) and not a filter.
See https://kdenlive.org/project/kdenlive-transitions/
Tomas M.
Registered Member
OS
Actually, that's not the case as you described. I need not a transition, but pan and move effect, but as you will see in the next message I tried your suggestions.

After further investigation, I found that it happens to an image. I have 1 video track, then I add new video track above and add JPG image. This time I didn't even use Position and zoom filter and when I play it directly, it shows up normally in the Project Monitor, but when I pre-render, or render it, it shows up as a white screen.

Last edited by Tomas M. on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas M.
Registered Member
OS
Update. I tried to add transitions instead as you suggested, but with Composite and Affine I would still get a white screen. Then I had the idea to try not the JPG, but PNG and it looks that everything works.

Is it know bug that JPG images do not show up after rendering?

Thank you!
farid
Registered Member
OS
Tomas M. wrote:Update. I tried to add transitions instead as you suggested, but with Composite and Affine I would still get a white screen. Then I had the idea to try not the JPG, but PNG and it looks that everything works.

Is it know bug that JPG images do not show up after rendering?

Thank you!

Hi Thomas there is a known bug on the Windows platform that is causing this. A bug has already been filed. Note that the Windows version is still in alpha/testing phase. I also prefer the Position and Zoom which works much better than Affine. :)

cheers

Tomas M.
Registered Member
OS
Thank you! Anyway even with some bugs, it still adds many good things on top of what I had with Shotcut, which is also very fine video editor.

I recently experimented with LightWorks beta, that positions itself as pro software, but it was so buggy, that I could not do anything, so kdenlive is much much more stable and useful - big thanks to devs for making it available for Windows!!! :D
farid
Registered Member
OS
Tomas M. wrote:Thank you! Anyway even with some bugs, it still adds many good things on top of what I had with Shotcut, which is also very fine video editor.

I recently experimented with LightWorks beta, that positions itself as pro software, but it was so buggy, that I could not do anything, so kdenlive is much much more stable and useful - big thanks to devs for making it available for Windows!!! :D

The devs are in the middle of a timeline refactoring, which will bring many great pro features like advanced editing modes and single track transitions besides more stability. So the near future of Kdenlive is very exciting. :)

Hopefully soon the windows bugs get fixed.

Thanks Tomas!

milda
Registered Member
Hi.
I have the same problem like Tomas M. I would need move with png. After I was moving with image, I get white line after render video or on preview screen.
I am on windows. I found out that windows version is very the new and can contains some bugs. So I installed kdenlive on virtual machine distribution Ubuntu and here I have the same problem.

Can anyone tell me, if I am wrong with ubuntu and I should install different distribution? Or this bug has not been solved yet?

thanks for reply
aichiwaki
Registered Member
Hi folks!

I'm new on Kdenlive and find it amazing! However, I notice this bug is still occurring until now. I use Kdenlive 18.12.1 on Windows.

Best regards.
noonenoone
Registered Member
Seems fixed two weeks ago, see https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=376464

Awaiting publication
guido_s
Registered Member
Hello
I tried the release 20.04.0 Today - there is the Problem again the .jpg pictures get rendered to white

Where could i get the releas 19.04.0-2 ? (for Windows)

Thank you!
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
Yes, there has been an unfortunate revert inside MLT (the multimedia backend we use), normally it is worked around in 20.04.0b bugfix release few weeks back, and 20.04.1 should be out very soon.
Also you can find old binary releases here: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/
qazcetelic
Registered Member
OS
I also have this issue on Linux, it happens with .png's but it seems to be random when it happens, some images work, some don't. I also noticed that trying to reload the images causes Kdenlive to crash.