This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

GPU issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
iwbnwif
Registered Member

GPU issues

Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:01 pm
Kdenlive is absolutely awesome - thank you!

I am running Kdenlive 16.12.2 on Kubuntu 16.04.

My graphics card is a NVIDIA Quadro K260 running the NVIDIA closed source driver 367.57. I have 2 monitors in a big desktop format.

I would like to use the graphic card's GPU to perform some of the effect processing, mostly Pan and Zoom and basic colour grading - Lift/gamma/gain (levels and curves would be great!).

Almost as soon as I apply any GPU effect I get a crash - usually Signal: Aborted(6). Mostly these look like exceptions being thrown in / by libmovit, possibly libmltopengl.

I can install the debug versions of these files if that is of help, or are these problems known about already?
farid
Registered Member
OS

Re: GPU issues

Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:14 am
Movit is still in an alpha state and therfor buggy, here are some known issues:

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?quicks ... id=1426953

Triaging and submitting well documented bugs is always welcomed. ;)

iwbnwif
Registered Member

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:36 am
Thank you for the link to the bug tracker.

I have installed KDevelop and am able to build and run the GitHub version of the software in debug mode.

What I have noticed is that with a simple, single clip timeline and no non-GPU effects applied it seems quite stable. But if I open a more complex (existing) project just moving the cursor over the preview window causes a crash (which seems to be in a windowing dtor).

I don't think that I am at the stage of really doing any serious debugging because obviously kdenlive is a very complex multi-threaded piece of software. However, hopefully by trapping the exceptions in a debug environment I should be able to provide something a little meaningful.

I will post back as soon as I have some more.
farid
Registered Member
OS

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:03 pm
Great, thanks!