This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can not save, white window on "save as"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nicod
Registered Member
Hello everyone.
I use kdenlive on an Odroic-C2 in Ubuntu Mate 16.04.
Until yesterday everything worked ok, but suddenly I can't go to the save as window anymore. If I click save as I get a blank white window.
I can still open older projects, and save there, but not save as.
Also I can not change many settings like in title clips I can't change the text color. I do see the window for it, but nothing happens if I click somewhere.
I have allready uninstalled kdenlive with:
sudo apt-get remove kdenlive
and
sudo apt-get purge kdenlive
Then I reïnstalled it with this command
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
But the problem stays the same.
I really need kdenlive since it is my travel video editing pc. I travel with my bicycle thru Europe and film everything and then edit it with my C2 and Kdenlive.
I can not(do not want to) do a full format since I do not have enough space to back up everything on my emmc.
I hope someone can help me out, I'm realy in a pickle here.
Many thanks, greets from Belgium. NicoD
ivanthekdefan
Registered Member
OS
Run kdenlive >> kdenlivelog.log in terminal, try to save as, and post kdenlivelog.log :z
Do you really need to use KDEnlive stable?

Hi, I'm Ivan, a competent computer user (which means geek to most). I run KDE neon Developer when it works and KDE neon User when Developer doesn't work.
Hope I helped you with any problems you may have had :)
nicod
Registered Member
Hello, thank you for your answer. I have done what you`ve asked and got this result.
odroid@odroid64:~$ kdenlive>>kdenlivelog.log
libGL error: unable to load driver: mali_drm_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: mali_drm
Removing cache at "/home/odroid/.cache/kdenlive-thumbs.kcache"
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 602, resource id: 73400336, major code: 154 (Unknown), minor code: 11
ajor code: 154 (Unknown), minor code: 11
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver

I have got the same problem on the open form, and some other forms. But most of the program does work. I go to project settings and change the settings, I can render and edit.
I have found a workaround by making a copy of an existing kdenlive project file. I can open it by double clicking it, and save it by clicking save.
So I can still be productive.
I have tried to install another version with this
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-testing
But then I had unmet depencies with kdenlive-data. With a lot of trying I was able to install the stable version again, but still have got the same problem.
I can work around it tho, but it would be nice if it could be resolved.
I am new to linux, so I do not know well how to install the correct versions or so.
Many thanks for your help.
farid
Registered Member
OS
nicod wrote:Hello, thank you for your answer. I have done what you`ve asked and got this result.
odroid@odroid64:~$ kdenlive>>kdenlivelog.log
libGL error: unable to load driver: mali_drm_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: mali_drm
Removing cache at "/home/odroid/.cache/kdenlive-thumbs.kcache"
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 602, resource id: 73400336, major code: 154 (Unknown), minor code: 11
ajor code: 154 (Unknown), minor code: 11
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver

I have got the same problem on the open form, and some other forms. But most of the program does work. I go to project settings and change the settings, I can render and edit.
I have found a workaround by making a copy of an existing kdenlive project file. I can open it by double clicking it, and save it by clicking save.
So I can still be productive.
I have tried to install another version with this
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-testing
But then I had unmet depencies with kdenlive-data. With a lot of trying I was able to install the stable version again, but still have got the same problem.
I can work around it tho, but it would be nice if it could be resolved.
I am new to linux, so I do not know well how to install the correct versions or so.
Many thanks for your help.

dont know if it might be the case but could it be that you have gpu processing enabled?

nicod
Registered Member
I do not have GPU processing enabled. The checkbox for that is greyed out in the settings menu.
I know that kdenlive can not use the gpu, and does everything with the cpu. But that works fine for me.
Would it be possible to use the gpu with some driver? (But that`s another topic)
Many thanks
ivanthekdefan
Registered Member
OS
Do you use an NVIDIA GPU?

Hi, I'm Ivan, a competent computer user (which means geek to most). I run KDE neon Developer when it works and KDE neon User when Developer doesn't work.
Hope I helped you with any problems you may have had :)