This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive: not working on 32-bit systems

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jhsu
Registered Member
I've been trying out Kdenlive on various Linux distros, and I have found that Kdenlive doesn't work on 32-bit systems. I tried Kdenlive in VirtualBox on my main computer (which has 32-bit MX Linux), and it didn't work with ANY distro I tried (Sparky Linux with LXDE, Sparky Linux with KDE, Debian Testing with KDE, and Manjaro Linux with Xfce).

I tried Kdenlive on 64-bit systems, and it worked in KDE Neon and in Sparky Linux with LXDE. Given the different results for otherwise identical OSes (32-bit vs. 64-bit Sparky Linux with LXDE), I have concluded that a 64-bit system is now required for Kdenlive.

Is Kdenlive supposed to work on 32-bit systems, or has the team decided to drop 32-bit support? The Kdenlive team needs to either support 32-bit systems, or it needs to update the download page (https://kdenlive.org/download/) and make it clear that 32-bit support has been dropped.
Phillip21
Registered Member
I use Kdenlive (latest version) on a 32-bit system (Xubuntu) almost daily without any difficulty - maybe your problem is with running Linux in Virtualbox?