This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Windows] Rendering queue crashes?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mstone
Registered Member

[Windows] Rendering queue crashes?

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:33 pm
Hi, recently I start using Kdenlive, rendering works fine when I use "render to file" option, it goes without problem when I render videos one by one. But when I want to add several videos to be rendered in queue, using scripts,
I only got message "Rendering crashed".

I am using windows 10, currently not yet in opportunity to use Linux. I dont have Linux subsystem in Win10, is that needed?
What should I check, what to do to solve this problem? anyone have this same problem? if you can help me solve this problem.

Best regards, Mark
ivanthekdefan
Registered Member
OS
KDEnlive for Windows just came out. It is literally beta 1 now. KF5, which KDEnlive uses, is also in beta. You should expect bugs, and when you find them, report them to the KDE developers at bugs.kde.org.
KDE software is made for Linux; for the fewest bugs, install a Linux distro with LXQt, such as Manjaro LXQt, or if you have a super-powerful custom-built gaming computer or the like, one with Plasma like KDE neon, in a virtual machine with a good amount of RAM and about 32GB disk space, then install KDEnlive in the virtual machine. There are no other Linux subsystems for Windows as far as I am aware. You do not need one for KDE on Windows.

Hi, I'm Ivan, a competent computer user (which means geek to most). I run KDE neon Developer when it works and KDE neon User when Developer doesn't work.
Hope I helped you with any problems you may have had :)
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Need to check, but I think redering scripts are written is unix shell, so it expects to find a "sh" interpreter (bash, zsh, etc)... which is not provided in our windows bundle! Need to either provide sh or generate bat files...