This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature idea: interpolate between (non-keyframable) effects?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
delt
Registered Member
So i was trying to duplicate this effect where two clips appear to be on consecutive sides of a cube, which rotates sideways, transitioning from one clip to the other.

I made a few mock-ups of what i wanted to achieve with the "corners" effect, but there appears to be no way to keyframe / interpolate between the two sets of parameters.

This got me thinking, to achieve this effect, i could simply cut my two clips into single-frame segments each (let's say 30) ...and then add a "corners" effect with the parameters tweaked to render the effect for each frame. However this would be tedious, and i thought... what if there was a feature that automated this process? This would certainly not only make my cube-effect possible, but it would surely have other benefits in other cases as well.

...so, good design idea, or am i wasting my time?

aka, i just wanted to ask before i start working on it: should i even start implementing this?
farid
Registered Member
OS
delt wrote:So i was trying to duplicate this effect where two clips appear to be on consecutive sides of a cube, which rotates sideways, transitioning from one clip to the other.

I made a few mock-ups of what i wanted to achieve with the "corners" effect, but there appears to be no way to keyframe / interpolate between the two sets of parameters.

This got me thinking, to achieve this effect, i could simply cut my two clips into single-frame segments each (let's say 30) ...and then add a "corners" effect with the parameters tweaked to render the effect for each frame. However this would be tedious, and i thought... what if there was a feature that automated this process? This would certainly not only make my cube-effect possible, but it would surely have other benefits in other cases as well.

...so, good design idea, or am i wasting my time?

aka, i just wanted to ask before i start working on it: should i even start implementing this?

hi

please write what you are trying to achieve in the mailing list (where more devs would see it) to see how to proceed. there are many exiting new features being added now in kdenlve maybe you could help out implementing those if you are interested. ;)