This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ver 16.12.1 - Missing : Breeze icons (breeze-icon-theme)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-sparxz
Registered Member
KDENLive 16.12.1; KDE Frameworks 5.29.0
Missing Package: Breeze icons (breeze-icon-theme), on Win7 install.

I read a few threads and saw some folks got annoyed that people were asking about fixes for Windows versions of Kdenlive,
and suggesting they use Linux only.

I am dual booter for more than 10 years, Win+Linux and recently BSD.
Only recently discovered Kdenlive was also available in Win.
I used to give basic tuition in Kdenlive & Openshot in the Linux version to convert people over to Linux & Opensource.

In this instance after install I got a Startup error, as enc, listing recommendations in blue and functional errors in Orange.
Following the manual I have resolved all except one function error(*), the missing icons below.

Can you please direct me to where I can download the missing icons to manually install ?
Thanks
farid
Registered Member
OS
kde-sparxz wrote:KDENLive 16.12.1; KDE Frameworks 5.29.0
Missing Package: Breeze icons (breeze-icon-theme), on Win7 install.

I read a few threads and saw some folks got annoyed that people were asking about fixes for Windows versions of Kdenlive,
and suggesting they use Linux only.

I am dual booter for more than 10 years, Win+Linux and recently BSD.
Only recently discovered Kdenlive was also available in Win.
I used to give basic tuition in Kdenlive & Openshot in the Linux version to convert people over to Linux & Opensource.

In this instance after install I got a Startup error, as enc, listing recommendations in blue and functional errors in Orange.
Following the manual I have resolved all except one function error(*), the missing icons below.

Can you please direct me to where I can download the missing icons to manually install ?
Thanks

Hi

I wouldn't worry about people's trolling for using Windows... I use linux but you should use what you like, and that is the devs opinion as well. :)

This is where you can find the breeze icons: https://github.com/KDE/breeze-icons although i dont know how you would install it in windows... lets see maybe someone can help you out.

vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
Where did you get your Windows archive? Breeze icons are normally part of the archive, only FFmpeg has to be installed separately...
I'm currently building 17.03 and will recheck then.
abarry
Registered Member
I'm seeing same issue for missing Breeze icons with 17.04-2
cperkins
Registered Member
Same here fresh-install 17.04-2 no Breeze icons. Looking to find them and how to install?
cperkins
Registered Member
Don't need no stinking Breeze icons.

Go to Settings, uncheck Force Breeze Icon Theme, just below that--mess with Theme and also Style is another option.

That will change color schemes and make icons visible.

I'd post a screenshot, but there doesn't seem to be a way.