This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problems with transition "Auto Mask"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
iiiThqmas
Registered Member
Greetings-

I've been using Kdenlive for about 3 months. It is a very professional tool, and I love it. However, since it is open source and not very widely known, I don't feel like all bugs are able to be discovered. That being said, I also think that the version on Windows is more unstable.

Kdenlive often crashes, lags, is slow, etc., but I just can't quit it. I persist, since the fact that it is free and has so many pros, I just have to ignore the cons.

However, the tool "Auto Mask" is very necessary to blur faces, private information, etc. In a video I have recently been working on, I was attempting to use the Auto Mask tool. Sadly, whenever trying to preview it in the timeline, kdenlive would almost instantaneously start to "not respond" and always crash, never recover itself. This would also happen when I try to Analyze the Auto Mask. I tried to render the video without analyzing it, but it would crash. I haven't rendered it again (I just recorded the segment again but in a different way so I didn't have to edit any of the blurring out), but if needed to, I can create a project and just have an example of the bug in it.

I would really like if someone could help me with this problem. Any help is appreciated.

-Thomas B

(By the way- if any experienced KDE members would like to exchange Skype, E-Mail, or some other form of communication, it would be greatly appreciated. Even though I have access to the forums, I would like to have quick contact to someone if I experience an issue so I can report it right away rather than trying to push it away and getting my way around it)
farid
Registered Member
OS
Not a windows user. Kdenlive in windows is still in an alpha phase. Soon, hopefully, we will be releasing an alpha2 or a beta version.
Stay tuned to see if it fixes your issues...