This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Simplified multi-video editing?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stevenlake
Registered Member
OS

Simplified multi-video editing?

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:37 pm
Okay, I have a question, and this may just be a small oversight on my part. Anyhow, when doing old school TV editing and mixing we used to have a 4 panel monitor which would show the 3 camera views being piped into the mixer board, and the 4th showed you what the viewer was seeing. That made mixing of multiple video streams SO easy. However, so far all I've found in Kden is the three channels, but no easy way to switch the view between them without cutting out sections of the video in the upper tracks. And I'm not thinking about transitions. I've got more the idea of snap changes in mind. IE, instant switching from one channel to the next. I'm also looking for an easy way to monitor what each active video track is doing and what the actual end user is seeing, sorta like the old TV mixers did. Is there anything like that in Kden? Or if not, how about a transition or effect that can be added to the video track to hide a section of one layer that is adjustable? I really like Kden, but I need a simpler, easier way to edit multiple tracks without playing chainsaw massacre and hoping for the best. lol.
zekthedeadcow
Registered Member
Generally no... though I just saw a video for OBS (open broadcaster software) that allows this with nifty use of multidisplays and hotkeys... I havn't checked to see if this is possible in kdenlive yet. The other problem is I'm too new to OBS to know if files can be played in sync. Though if you have the opportunity to record live then OBS is probably the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxkC5OjPklg