This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive crashes as soon as I click render

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bschmidt
Registered Member
Edit: It's working now. The only thing after making this post was package updating (using the generic Ubuntu updater) and now Kdelive is version 16.12.3 and working.

Whenever I click on the button "Render to File" Kdenlive instantly crashes (the whole program closes and sends me back to the desktop).

I've tried different output options (MP4 --> H.264/AAC fast, webm, and several others), changing the number of encoder threads and I get the same result.

I installed Kdenlive earlier this evening by doing the following:

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install kdenlive

This was crashing instantly. I then tried to make sure I had the right version, so I did the following:

Code: Select all
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
sudo apt-get update

but it is still crashing instantly. The version it says after doing this is 15.12.3 , which seems wrong since the latest Kdenlive release is 16.x... (some other info, OS: Linux (x86_64) release 4.4.0-72-generic, I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS 64-bit).

Any advice would be appreciated. I can post more info if it is required.

Thanks.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
You may try to generate a script (instead of "render to file"), and either launch it within Kdenlive, or from a terminal (execute the .mlt.sh script).

If you run kdenlive from a terminal, do you get any output message on crash?

To debug kdenlive crash, do you have drkonqi installed (KDE crash debugger)?
or you can install gdb, execute "gdb kdenlive" then "run", and after crash type "bt full", and post the output...