This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Adding Guides is broken in new version

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tzsebe
Registered Member
Hi,

After the latest update (I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 fwiw), when I add a guide (right click on timeline and hit 'Add Guide'), I no longer get the popup asking for the label/name for the guide. Instead, it defaults to just representing the time. I can still add a label if I meticulously right click the guide and say "edit guide", but that's REALLY obnoxious. I loved being able to label a guide as it's being created.

I label all my guides, and use them a lot, so this is REALLY slowing down my editing. Is there a way to get proper guide creation back?

Looking through the settings (I was hoping they just added a new setting and turned it off by default), I can only find "show markers", but there's no "enable automatic label popup" setting... ugh...

If this is by design (whyyyy), then is there a way around it? Like a keyboard shortcut for just bringing it up if it's highlighted? I REALLY hate having to position the mouse on such a small area and right-click, just to I can change the default label (which is the time, which I already know, cause it's on the timeline) to something that actually makes semantic sense to me.

Please bring this feature back!
LilZebra
Registered Member
OS
I'm on Fedora, so I'm not familiar which version of Kdenlive that you're allowed to install (and still keep dependencies in line).

What version of Kdenlive did you install?

The current ver. is 16.12.3

The Guides feature vis a vis output to DVD-Video with using Guides to mark Chapters...yes, that part is broken / not working.

Kdenlive 17.12.3 MLT 6.4.1, Qt 5.6.2
Fedora 27 GNOME 3.26
tzsebe
Registered Member
For version:

Using:
MLT version 6.5.0

Version 17.04.0
Using:
KDE Frameworks 5.18.0
Qt 5.5.1 (built against 5.5.1)
The xcb windowing system