This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Themes in windows and Ubuntu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brodie
Registered Member

Themes in windows and Ubuntu

Mon May 08, 2017 6:05 pm
I've noticed that the windows version seems to have a number of themes which I don't have on Ubuntu-Gnome (installed from the PPA). Is there anyway to add these themes in Ubuntu?

Thanks!
B.
davidoliver
Registered Member

Re: Themes in windows and Ubuntu

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:36 pm
This worked for me in standard Ubuntu (Unity):

Quit Kdenlive. At the terminal:
Code: Select all
sudo apt install breeze

Load Kdenlive and try again.
brodie
Registered Member

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 pm
Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated!
I think we may be at cross purposes though? I have Breeze installed on Ubuntu-Gnome but that is about the only theme I have available in Kdenlive (just light and dark breeze), which is in contrast to the range of themes available in the windows version; see this image: https://app.box.com/s/jg2gcz5iek5158wye71td94a1dk3avuz

So is it possible to have those themes available in Kdenlive under Ubuntu? If so how?

Thanks again!
davidoliver
Registered Member

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:10 pm
Ah, I see. I only had one theme available to start with but I wanted a dark theme so I installed Breeze. I see that there are oxygen-* packages available to install but no oxygen meta package like there is for breeze. So I don't know.
brodie
Registered Member

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:14 pm
So a long time after my original post I stumbled on the answer by chance in this thread here:
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=130860

In brief the answer is that you need plasma workspace and plasma desktop installed. You don't have to use them, just have them installed.

Code: Select all
sudo apt install plasma-workspace
sudo apt install plasma-desktop

I now have all the themes I could see in Windows available on Ubuntu Gnome 17.10. :)