This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

$30 if you can HELP! New kdenlive unusable

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hgrell
Registered Member
Hello Forum,

I'm a semi professional user of kdenlive on Linux, Xubuntu 16.04

The new version of kdenlive (17.04.0) is just crashing and I can't revert back to the standard packages, because my templates are based on the newer versions. I have 16.12.3 still installed on my Laptop, so I should be fine for now, but I need a solution quickly.

I uninstalled an reinstalled kdenlive twice, but there's not difference. And I can't just reinstall Xubuntu, because I use it productively every day. And apart from kdenlive there's no bugs or problems so far.

So here's the bug report:
- Every time (!) I use a transition of the affine or composite kind and move it on the timeline the program crashes
- also some effects do not work properly. "crop" crops everything for example

If I use the terminal to start kdenlive and it crashes the terminal says every time:

Shortcut for action "rename" "Rename" set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.
Removing cache at "/home/hagen/.cache/kdenlive-thumbs.kcache"
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 621, resource id: 71303183, major code: 155 (Unknown), minor code: 11
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType "ThumbCreator" not found
[swscaler @ 0x7f34a0946ec0] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss
Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

The last part is in German and means: "Memory access error (memory copy written)"

Does anyone have a solution?
I'm offering $30 via Paypal - first come first serve.

>> hagengrell@gmail.com

THANKS!
Hagen
capslock
Registered Member
OS
Hi Hagen,
just to keep the communitiy up to date: I have sent you an eMail with the idea to try the AppImage to check if some of the installed depedencies are messed up.
alcinos
Registered Member
Hi @hgrell,

Regarding to the transition bug, a report is openned here : https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379274
I've pushed a fix to the code, hopefully the bug is now gone.

Regarding the crop effect, the default parameters are probably off. Try to divide by 2 the value of the last two parameters.
hgrell
Registered Member
Thanks for the fast replies!

@capslock:
- I tried to install the newest ffmpeg-Version, but I had it already.
- The AppImage crashes immediately when I try to move anything on the timeline. Below is the error code

@alcinos
- regarding the crop effect: you were right, the parameters were off. Thanks!
- regarding the fix. Shall I wait for the next update then?

Errors with the AppImage

trying to load "/tmp/.mount_26z16i/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so" from "/tmp/.mount_26z16i/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so"
kf5.kio.core: Refilling KProtocolInfoFactory cache in the hope to find "mtp"
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Parse error in "/home/hagen/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" , line 1 , col 1 : "unexpected end of file"
The desktop entry file "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/Thunar-bulk-rename.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service : "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/Thunar-bulk-rename.desktop"
The desktop entry file "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/debian-xterm.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service : "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/debian-xterm.desktop"
The desktop entry file "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/thunar-settings.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service : "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/thunar-settings.desktop"
The desktop entry file "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/xfce4-terminal.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service : "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/xfce4-terminal.desktop"
The desktop entry file "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/Thunar.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service : "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/Thunar.desktop"
The desktop entry file "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/debian-uxterm.desktop" has Type= "Application" but no Exec line
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service : "/usr/share/xubuntu/applications/debian-uxterm.desktop"
kf5.kio.core: KSambaShare: Could not find smb.conf!
[swscaler @ 0x7f2004cec420] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss
/tmp/.mount_26z16i/AppRun: Zeile 27: 11284 Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben) kdenlive --config kdenlive-appimagerc $@
alcinos
Registered Member
@hgrell: The Appimage should be up-to-date now. Tell me if you still have the issue
hgrell
Registered Member
Hello Guys, I use the new version of kdenlive and now it works perfectly.

Thanks for the help and the tipps!