This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Track header variations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brodie
Registered Member

Track header variations

Wed May 24, 2017 7:39 am
I have noticed some differences in the way track headers are displayed between kdenlive via the stable PPA and the appimage.
From the PPA I get text and icons on a single line, from the appimage i get smaller icons set below the text(track name).
Here are some images:
https://app.box.com/s/teq8exsglaw3uym7o3ax864gdv4vnd5s
Does anybody know why this is? Is there a setting for this somewhere that I have missed?

Thanks!
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Track header variations

Wed May 24, 2017 9:27 am
Hello,

What if you increase the track height (using the zoom icons above headers, or more precisely in Settings panel) ?

Are you comparing the same versions ?
Note that AppImage operates in a sandbox, not using the system libs (Qt, KF5...) & settings, so this can lead to small differences.
brodie
Registered Member

Re: Track header variations

Wed May 24, 2017 4:00 pm
So in the Appimage version the icons scale as I adjust the height of the tracks. In the PPA version they just move from alongside the text to underneath it. TBH I'm not even sure which I prefer, with the refactoring of the timeline and the move to adjusting tracks individually I would imagine scaling would be the preferred option.
Yes I was using the same version until the latest appimage problems and have now gone back to an older version but the differences are the same regardless of version.

Thank you for your reply!

UPDATE I was about to send this when I realised that this behaviour depends on the track height value you have set in Settings>Configure Kdenlive>Timeline
I had a value of 32 in the ppa version, changing this to 40 introduced the same scaling behaviour of the icons as I see in the appimage version. Interesting! I wonder what the significance of the value is?