This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to Copy Part of a Clip?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
leegold
Registered Member

How to Copy Part of a Clip?

Sat May 27, 2017 12:01 am
Hi,

4.14.2 on Mint 17.3

I have searched but can find find instructions I understand or that work for me.

I want to copy a portion of a video clip and save it as a separate clip for later use and editing. In the clip monitor I set a starting and ending points for a zone. But after that I cannot figure out what to do. I tried dragging things, searched the menus, right-clicking. ...Copy zone? I need clear cookbook instructions please.

Thanks.
ewhac
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to Copy Part of a Clip?

Sat May 27, 2017 11:58 am
In the clip monitor, set the zone in and out points. Near the clip monitor transport controls is a drop-down menu. Click it, and in there will be an option reading, "Extract Zone." This will copy out the marked zone to a new clip file.

However, this extraction doesn't appear to be very sophisticated, and will likely yield a clip that is unusable (misaligned audio/video tracks).

Another option would be to drag the zone to an empty timeline, then render that timeline to a new file.
leegold
Registered Member

Re: How to Copy Part of a Clip?

Sat May 27, 2017 6:05 pm
I've tried dragging everything I see and I can think off, but it will not drag.

I set the start/end of the zone, in the clip monitor there's a blue band in the time indicator of the monitor signifying the zone. I've tried dragging it - it does not drag. Nothing in the monitor area will drag ;D

I have a screen shot here, see the blue area/band - that's the zone.

screenshot:

https://ibb.co/fwDGkv

How do I drag it? I must be missing something here...

Thanks