This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Strange behaviour of kdenlive 17.04 in windows 10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nejcc
Registered Member
Hello.

I allready asked in another theme, but since the thread is marked as solved I think I should ask again.
I just started using kdenlive and I really like it. But the romance didn't last. Few days ago I accidentally clicked okay on one pop-up window (trackpad and dry finger issue) and since then kdenlive won't play or load videos anymore.

I can drag and drop videos from explorer to the library, but I can not play them. If I drag and try to drop video from the timeline it won't allow me do it - red sign at mouse cursor.

If I try Project - add clip sometimes it opens a clip in preview window. I can play it there, but playback performance is poor. I can also add it to the timeline from there. But just one clip. Sometimes nothing happens, and sometimes it throws an error when adding clip - "invalid clip, will be removed..."
If I succeed and add one clip to the timeline I can then normally render it.

Removal of kdenlive folder and reinstallation according to instructions don't help at all. I really don't know what else can I try. Is there maybe a way to see under the hood what goes wrong?

thanks

Nejc
nejcc
Registered Member
I had to reinstall widows. Now it works.