This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KdenLive wont start. Missing MLT_6.6.0?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sbellamy
Registered Member
When I try to run Kdenlive it wont start and says the its missing MLT_6.6.0 How can I fix this?
capslock
Registered Member
OS
How did you install kdenlive? Which OS, if linux which distribution?
darklywander
Registered Member
I used:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kdenlive

And I still get the error message.
capslock
Registered Member
OS
So, you are using ubuntu or a distribution derived from ubuntu. Two reasons for this come to my mind: There is an error in the kdenlive repository, so that melt as a dependency is not installed proberly, or melt has been installed from another repository before and there was a conflict during installation.

Were there warnings about conflicts during the installation? Do you have melt installed (if yes, which version)?
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
try removing libmlt (it remove all dependencies among which kdenlive) then reinstall kdenlive. this should reset the stack in a proper state
btw, MLT 6.6 doesn't exist yet, development branch is still 6.5.0.
darklywander
Registered Member
Melt Version: 6.5+git201704252005~ubuntu16.04.1
Dell Inspiron i3531-1200BK Laptop Intel Celeron Processor
It seemed to be working fine after the first time I installed it. This was about a month ago and at the time I was working with Openshot 1.4 for the past two years.
Out of curiosity I downloaded and installed Kdenlive via Linux Mint's Software manager. Both programs seemed to be happy as kden live opened with no problems. However a week later, I ran an update last month and Openshot suddenly could not see its codecs so I could not import and kden live just would not open.
I have uninstalled both programs and uninstalled MLT as well with no change with the issues. I deleted openshot and went with its horrible new version 2.3, but I felt that I should go with kdenlive unfortunately the issues with it not opening has not changed.
darklywander
Registered Member
Kdenlive in the terminal says:
kdenlive: /usr/local/lib/libmlt.so.6: version `MLT_6.6.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmlt++.so.3)

But in the directory:
/usr/local/lib/libmlt.so.6.4.0 not "6.6"
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
It appears you are using a local build (/usr/local) that bypasses the package build (/usr).
try to uninstall mlt & kdenlive from /usr/local...
darklywander
Registered Member
Thank you. Is there a particular command syntax to use where I specify where the uninstall should happen?
I did the regular uninstall of kden from the main menu but I have not ran the command to uninstall Mlt but I still see it inn teh usr/local/lib directory.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
from your MLT source directory, just type "make uninstall".
if meanwhile it had been configured from somewhere else than /usr/local, try "make distclean ; ./configure ; make uninstall"
syedr
Registered Member
Hello ,

I am facing a similar problem like this .
i have successfully build kdenlive from source from these links :
https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Development/KF5
https://old.kdenlive.org/download-source

Now when i run kdenlive it gives me an error like this " kdenlive: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmlt++.so.3: version `MLTPP_6.4.0' not found (required by kdenlive) "

i have searched in the internet for solution but did not get any .

Any suggestions ?? (I am using ubuntu 16.04 64bit OS)