This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Windows] Kdenlive won't start again after being closed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Nobelix
Registered Member
Hello,
Yesterday I recommended Kdenlive to one of my friends, who's on Windows. Everything was going well, so I started teaching him the basics and then Kdenlive crashed. Nothing that surprising, but from that point he was never able to launch it again (no error messages). So I rebooted my computer into Windows and tried to reproduce the same problem, and indeed It was the same story. I don't think that this is the right place to report this "bug" but I'm not in the mood to install KDE's Bug Tracker.
Thanks in advance,
Nobelix
crodgers
Registered Member
There is currently a bug in the Windows version of Kdenlive; so that if you crash or close the program, it keeps running in the background. That might be why you are unable to open it again.

If it crashes or when you close Kdenlive; press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to open the task manager. Look for the following entries in the list:

kdenlive.exe <-- there may be more than one
kioslave.exe
dbus-daemon.exe

Highlight each one and press the DEL key or click on 'End Task' to stop each process. Now, you should be able to run Kdenlive again.
Nobelix
Registered Member
Thanks for the quick reply,

Indeed when Kdenlive crashes / you close it, you have to kill all the kdenlives tasks. However after some local testing I figured out that it was the antivirus (avg & avast) that was blocking some files in the Kdenlive folder (I forgot to mention that kdenlive didn't work even after restart). So when I unblocked the files Kdenlive, started up without problems.