This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Reverse clip doesn't work

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lappi
Registered Member

Reverse clip doesn't work

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:18 am
Hello.

Any idea why reverse clip doesn't work for me?

I do find the reverse clip option in clip jobs -> duplicate with speed change. I see it sets the speed to -100%. And it creates a .mlt duplicate of the clip in my project bin. Apparently it is supposed to be reversed now... But it isn't.
So, the process goes as expected, without errors or anything, but it doesn't do anything, it doesn't reverse the clip. It just makes a identical duplicate of the clip.
This only happens with reverse, meaning that slowing down or speeding up the clip from same menu works fine.

Am I missing something? Or am I doing something wrong?

I'm new with Kdenlive. Liking it so far, very much. But this reverse thing bothers me.
I'm running version 17.04.1 (installed from Kdenlive ppa) on Linux Mint 18.1.
crodgers
Registered Member

Re: Reverse clip doesn't work

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:26 pm
The .MLT version IS the reversed clip.

Remove the original clip from the timeline. Place the .MLT clip on the timeline and hit play - you'll see that it's the original clip reversed.
lappi
Registered Member

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 pm
crodgers wrote:The .MLT version IS the reversed clip.

Remove the original clip from the timeline. Place the .MLT clip on the timeline and hit play - you'll see that it's the original clip reversed.

Thank you for your answer, but no. The .MLT clip isn't reversed in project bin nor on timeline.

I made a quick video to demonstrate the situation:
https://youtu.be/eeAYDaDHxAY
crodgers
Registered Member

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:16 am
Strange. It may be an issue with the 17.04.1 Linux version. It works properly for me in version 9.10 (Linux) and 17.04.2 (Windows).

I tested it with a short MP4 video that had been rendered previously.
ttguy
OS

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:05 am
I am on version 17.04.0 and it works for me. You don't create a .mlt file with this version. You just add a speed effect to a clip that is on your timeline and make the speed -100% (negative 100%). It even reverses the sound in this version.