This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Invalid MP4 from good data - Win10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
remerson
Registered Member

Invalid MP4 from good data - Win10

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:49 pm
Starting a new project, I added a clip I browsed to. It's raw MP4 video, and VLC and other players can display it. Kdenlive, however, says it's invalid. The work-around is to define a custom project folder using the videos' pathway. Why would the project folder cause a clip to be rejected as having bad data???

When you're dead, you don't know it, and it's a problem for everybody else. It's like being stupid...
remerson
Registered Member
BUMP

Still looking for info on why using a custom project folder keeps MP4's from being marked as invalid.

When you're dead, you don't know it, and it's a problem for everybody else. It's like being stupid...
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello
Maybe when having the media in the project directory, Kdenlive uses relative paths that are OK,
while when accessing files out of the project hierarchy is then uses absolute paths that got messed up
(sometimes the error message shows path beginning with "/" - the unix path style - and MLT doesn't find the file, handled as invalid)
This is a "simple" Windows port bug, that "someone" could solve rather easily... but need to find who/when :(
remerson
Registered Member
Makes sense to me - thanks!

Now, if the "white text on white text" issue for pathway windows can be fixed, plugging in absolute paths will be easier to do.