This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

appimage crashes when trying to render

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rican-linux
Registered Member
I am running Plasma 5 under Debian Testing. I installed kdenlive via appimage b/c kdenlive is not in the testing repo. I tried to render my project but it kept crashing. I export the script and ran it in the terminal. I recieved this error

Code: Select all
./mawlek_002.sh
/tmp/.mount_fW4Zjm/usr/bin/kdenlive_render: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.8' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_fW4Zjm/usr/bin/kdenlive_render)

It looks like testing is on 5.7

$ apt search libqt5core
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
libqt5core5a/testing,now 5.7.1+dfsg-4 amd64 [installed,automatic]
  Qt 5 core module

Am I correct to assume that I need to wait for testing to be at version 5.8?
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
I believe the AppImage embeds its Qt version, you don't need to upgrade Qt on your distro.
When you run the script from shell, you might miss the appimage environment that wraps the library calls to the embedded ones.
The crash must come from somewhere else, unfirtunately I don't know how to debug AppImages (doesn't KDE crash handler appear? else it must be possible to attach gdb to the crashing process manually...).
Can you run the AppImage from shell and see program outputs?

Note: on Debian testing you can add the stable repo too and it will pick these versions when programs are not in testing.
I don't know if 17.04.3 from sid will migrate soon to testing...
rican-linux
Registered Member
vpinon wrote:I believe the AppImage embeds its Qt version, you don't need to upgrade Qt on your distro.
When you run the script from shell, you might miss the appimage environment that wraps the library calls to the embedded ones.
The crash must come from somewhere else, unfirtunately I don't know how to debug AppImages (doesn't KDE crash handler appear? else it must be possible to attach gdb to the crashing process manually...).
Can you run the AppImage from shell and see program outputs?

Note: on Debian testing you can add the stable repo too and it will pick these versions when programs are not in testing.
I don't know if 17.04.3 from sid will migrate soon to testing...

Here is the output from gdb

//STARTING RENDERING:  true , false , "/tmp/.mount_lRVopC/usr/bin/melt" , "atsc_1080p_2997" , "avformat" , "-" , "/tmp/kdenlive_rendering_BC8234.mlt" , "/home/hhernandez/Documents/mawlek.mp4" , () , ("properties=x264-medium", "f=mp4", "vcodec=libx264", "acodec=aac", "g=120", "crf=23", "ab=160k", "preset=faster", "threads=8", "real_time=-1") , 0 , 14043
Skipped method "slotGotProgressInfo" : Type not registered with QtDBus in parameter list: MessageType
Skipped method "slotTimelineClipSelected" : Pointers are not supported: ClipItem*
Skipped method "slotTimelineClipSelected" : Pointers are not supported: ClipItem*
Unsupported return type 65 QPixmap in method "grab"
/usr/bin/kdialog: /tmp/.mount_lRVopC/lib/libdbus-1.so.3: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtDBus.so.4)
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
kalimerox
Registered Member
this is not very scientific, but what i did when my renders kept crashing: download older versions of the app image and tried them all on the kdenlive session till one app image did the trick ;)

[right now i searched again on the kdenlive.org download section and couldnt find older kdenlive app images,. not sure if they re still available [would be good to have them always downloadable in case people want to revive old projects etc...]]
ttguy
OS
Kdenlive-17.04.1b-x86_64.AppImage
rendering to webm

Rendering of /home/god/Videos/what_was_the_sun_orbiting_the_first_three_days.webm crashed

terminal shows this output
//STARTING RENDERING: true , false , "/tmp/.mount_ijiobR/usr/bin/melt" , "dv_pal_wide" , "avformat" , "-" , "consumer:/tmp/kdenlive_rendering_i13706.mlt" , "/home/god/Videos/what_was_the_sun_orbiting_the_first_three_days.webm" , () , ("f=webm", "vcodec=libvpx", "acodec=vorbis", "crf=23", "vb=0", "quality=good", "aq=6", "max-intra-rate=1000", "cpu-used=4", "threads=1", "real_time=-1") , 64 , 164
Skipped method "slotGotProgressInfo" : Type not registered with QtDBus in parameter list: MessageType
/usr/bin/kdialog: /tmp/.mount_ijiobR/lib/libdbus-1.so.3: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtDBus.so.4)