This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Gopro question for KDNlive

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
willnorthcote
Registered Member

Gopro question for KDNlive

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:48 pm
Go pro has a very wide fisheye lens on it's cameras. This causes a problem with a bowed horizon when filming far away shots.

The only way to get round this is to make the horizon less bowed by going through the fisheye tool. This creates black curved borders around the edges. So a letterbox comes in handy. But the letterbox black at the top is too large (Well it was when I tried it).

So is there a format to render the horizon level and take out the curves around the edges in a thin letterbox mode so there is no large black space in the top of the video. Can this be implemented into KDNLive as a feature so to automatically remove the curving and adding the letterbox format to hide the black spaces? If not, then could it be made to be used with KDNLive?

Thoughts?
remerson
Registered Member

Re: Gopro question for KDNlive

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:53 pm
I may be clueless on this but can't you zoom in on the image? Of course some of the image will be lost in the process - letter box or full screen. Your pick.

When you're dead, you don't know it, and it's a problem for everybody else. It's like being stupid...
markoc
Registered Member

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:07 pm
Defish0r can automatically expand by just the right amount, just select the fill option. It also has an manual scaling option.
remerson
Registered Member

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:05 pm
I know the capability was in there somewhere... [/grin]

When you're dead, you don't know it, and it's a problem for everybody else. It's like being stupid...