This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

zooming and inserting Pictuers

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lowbudgetvideomaker
Registered Member

zooming and inserting Pictuers

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:44 pm
Hi everyone,

I would like to know which effect is best used to zoom into videos. I am editing footballclips and sometimes it looks better if you zoom in so you get the skill on tape.
Until now I used Position and zoom and it worked fine, but since my last attempt the video only shows a black screen. I get the same result if i insert pictures.
In the Project Monitor it shows the enlarged clip but after rendering it just shows a black screen.
ttguy
OS

Re: zooming and inserting Pictuers

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:04 pm
Make sure you are not rendering to an audio only output.
Maybe check you do not have video disabled on the timeline (LHS movied clip button)
lowbudgetvideomaker
Registered Member

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 am
I am not rendering to an audio only output. I'm guessing the problem is caused by position and zoom and or slow motion.
Because after rendering the unedited parts of the video are just fine. For example if I put a nicely scored goal in the video I'd usually put the unedited sequence of the goal in the video and afterwards I'd use positon and zoom and reduce the speed of the clip in order to better see the skill of the goalscorer. In the rendered video you would only see the unedited sequence and the edited part would just be black.
It's the same with pictures, at the beginning I wanted to insert a picture that shows the date of the game, and in the rendered version there is just a black screen where the picture should be shown.
Frizou
Registered Member
OS

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:52 pm
Hi lowbudgetvideomaker,
I had such bugs with old Kdenlive versions (included in Ubuntu Studio 15.10).
I moved to UbuntuStudio 17.04 that comes with Kdenlive 16.12.3 and had no problem.
Which Kdenlive version are you using?
lowbudgetvideomaker
Registered Member

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:28 pm
Hi Frizou,
I am using the Kdenlive Windows version, since I am working with a Microsoft Surface Book, I figure it might not be the best idea to install Linux on it.
jpasturel
Registered Member

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:58 pm
Hello,
i made a test with Kdenlive 17.08.1 Windows 10, with a little difference when installing ffmeg to have mp4 codec. I take a newer version 3.3.3 than that pointed by the link of the Kdenlive download page.
The position and zoom / keyframed run correctly in preview and render in mp4 format.
My specific installation is described here :
https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=108162

It is important to remove all traces of old versions that you have installed. If you have kdenlive projects / clips under /users/yourName/AppData/kdenlive rename the folder kdenlive instead removing it.
Let us know if this help you

outOfTopic : If you want to install a linux distro like Kubuntu on your MS Surface, you can first install Virtual Box from Oracle Web site, and install in the virtual box the Linux Distro. I don't know how disk space/ Ram/ Processor you have, but at least you must create a dvi of 60Go. But the resource of the linux distro are limited because Windows/Virtual Box run on background.
lowbudgetvideomaker
Registered Member

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:51 pm
Hello,
Thanks for the suggestions! I will try this, but it might take a while before I can do it, due to student life struggles :)