This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive doesnt start on Win10 Pro 64bit

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
doncon
Registered Member
Hi there !
I just downloaded the most recent version of kdenlive and i cant find a way to start the program.
This is the page that i downloaded it from : https://kdenlive.org/download/
I tried starting it (kdenlive.exe) by double clicking, starting it as Administrator, as well as starting it from command line. Theres no error message or anything to give me a clue whats going wrong there. Everything else works fine on my pc, and i really have a lot of software and games installed and never had a problem like that.
I really hope someone can help me with that, as i'm trying to find a suitable open source alternative to Premiere.

Thanks in Advance, i really hope i can get this working :)
toddmarshall
Registered Member
I have 10-Home-64. I ran it with the install instructions with the ffmpeg library added. It took awhile to run the first time (it seemed to not run but then it did, re-clicking on it) then according to instructions I closed it and re-ran it.
I created a folder on C, and put the kdenlive folder into it. C:\Workspace\kdenlive-windows\Kdenlive-17.04.3
"Kdenlive-17.04.3" was from inside the 7zip file.
I copied the .dll files from .bin of ffmpeg over the .dlls in the kdenlive. (at Kdenlive-17.04.3)
I copied the preset folder as a folder in the kdenlive folder. (Kdenlive-17.04.3)
then double click on kdenlive.exe a couple of times, wait, there was an error dialog, it runs, close it all, then run again.
toddmarshall
Registered Member
It seems to run well on windows. I have not done much. I need to flip part of the video upside down and can't find that yet...
crodgers
Registered Member
doncon wrote:Hi there !
I just downloaded the most recent version of kdenlive and i cant find a way to start the program.
This is the page that i downloaded it from : https://kdenlive.org/download/
I tried starting it (kdenlive.exe) by double clicking, starting it as Administrator, as well as starting it from command line. Theres no error message or anything to give me a clue whats going wrong there. Everything else works fine on my pc, and i really have a lot of software and games installed and never had a problem like that.
I really hope someone can help me with that, as i'm trying to find a suitable open source alternative to Premiere.

Thanks in Advance, i really hope i can get this working :)

Your anti-virus is probably preventing it from running (some av's detect kdenlive.exe as a virus). Try adding an exception for kdenlive.exe.