This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Proxy clips just stung me! (or I screwed up)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
JKScotland
Registered Member
Guys, I'm looking for some help.

I've used Kdenlive just a few times, but love the power and flexibility it has. But I just got in a mess there with a project and would like advice to avoid it in the future.

I enabled proxy clips, modified the proxy profile to make it very low-resolution, to help speed up the editing process. However, when I rendered, it used the low-res proxy clips in the final render rather than the high quality. Regardless of the render settings, I could only get the low quality output. Then I found a threat where someone had gone into project settings and chosen Delete Proxies which helped him, but it ruined my project. Kdenlive then complained the files couldn't be found, and there were then no clips in the timeline!

Proxying the clips makes so much sense in theory - anyone know why it didn't work for me in practice?

Thanks in advance.
ttguy
OS
Did you have Render using proxy clips checked in the render dialog ? https://userbase.kde.org/File:Kdenlive_ ... _17_04.png