This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Add Clip Bug...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
crodgers
Registered Member

Add Clip Bug...

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:31 pm
Under 'Project' > 'Add Clip' - I am unable to see or access ANY folders on the particular drive where Kdenlive is located. This problem seems to exist in every Windows version of Kdenlive starting with 17.

To be more specific; on my system, Kdenlive is located in a folder called "Kdenlive-17.08.0" on my "D:" Drive which is named "Backup." When I attempt to add a clip, ONLY the contents of the "Kdenlive-17.08.0" folder are visible. I have no access to any of the other folders on my "D:" drive at all.

If I switch to my "C:" drive or "E:" drive, I can access all of the folders and files on them. Yes, I can simply copy any clips I need to the "C:" or "E:" drive in order to add them to a project; but I thought that the developers should be made aware of this bug as it is rather annoying. The picture below illustrates the problem:

Last edited by crodgers on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bartoloni
OS

Re: Add Clip Bug...

Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:49 pm
i'm also using the KDENLIVE on Windows 10..

and version 17.08 IS NOT WORKING at all for me... when i place an MP3 on the "project bin" .. the editor freezes..
i'm still using the 17.04 version.. i can access only the USER folders on C: (pressing HOME button) can't access root of drive.. (maybe for permissions)
(i can also access external drivers and pendrives without issues)

i placed the KDEnlive folder on the desktop (to have standard user privileges... and access users resources.. and external drives)
but usually i use DRAG'N DROP to import clips. (MP3 JPG AVI)
crodgers
Registered Member

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:32 pm
I just tested adding an MP3 clip and you are correct - Kdenlive hangs and stops responding. Guess I'll go back to 17.04.3 until the next release. That version still has the "directory access" issue though.
bartoloni
OS

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 am
crodgers wrote:I just tested adding an MP3 clip and you are correct - Kdenlive hangs and stops responding. Guess I'll go back to 17.04.3 until the next release. That version still has the "directory access" issue though.

latest 17.08.1 build for windows works very well, now is time to switch to 17.08 and test if the bug is still present.
kdekat
Registered Member

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:35 pm
I know this thread is older, but I'll just add:

winver 1903
kdenlive 19.12.2

I have two 8TB drives in a new computer and thought I'd try this. I can't navigate to the large drives, nor do they show up.

What I CAN do is drag and drop the media in from explorer into kdenlive. At least there appears to be a workaround

I also have an older computer on the save versions and I can see my multiple 4TB drives. Apologies for bumping an old thread, but this was the first that came up on google.
bartoloni
OS

Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:55 am
on windows you have to use drag'n drop to place clips on times and/or project bin, the files interface is completely ported from Linux (that uses mounted drives as a paths)
(for my opinion the windows file manager is faster and suppprts thumbnails.. no way to use the integrated file manager on windows)

BTW i will open an ussue regarding that... like the PROJECT LOADING it's necessary to open a native window form to load clips...

https://invent.kde.org/kde/kdenlive/issues/574