This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Videos for Instagram

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
grimmjulian
Registered Member

Videos for Instagram

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:05 pm
Hello together,

for my sports team im trying to cut a short image films for instagram. I already uploaded one on thursday (but it only worked ater I send it to my mobile with whatsapp), but today all my trys cant be played. I tried all of formats and different qualities and to be totally honest, I really dont know what to do. What are the preferred settings/parameters for uploading on instagram?

Best wishes
Snuggle
Registered Member
OS

Re: Videos for Instagram

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:16 am
grimmjulian wrote:Hello together,

for my sports team im trying to cut a short image films for instagram. I already uploaded one on thursday (but it only worked ater I send it to my mobile with whatsapp), but today all my trys cant be played. I tried all of formats and different qualities and to be totally honest, I really dont know what to do. What are the preferred settings/parameters for uploading on instagram?

Best wishes

May I ask, what device are you using? Is it possible to upload using Instagram.com?
crodgers
Registered Member

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:31 am
grimmjulian wrote:Hello together,

Best wishes

According to https://engageinteractive.co.uk/blog/video-formats-facebook-twitter-instagram , Instagram settings that should work are:

Preferred Format: MP4 (with H.264 Codec & AAC audio, 3,500 kbps video bitrate)
Frame Rate: 30fps or below
Maximum Dimensions: 1080px Wide
Playback Length: Maximum of 60 seconds
Filesize Limit: 15mb
grimmjulian
Registered Member

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:31 am
Snuggle wrote:May I ask, what device are you using? Is it possible to upload using Instagram.com?

Thats not possible sadly, i send it to my mobile using Telegram.

crodgers wrote:
According to https://engageinteractive.co.uk/blog/video-formats-facebook-twitter-instagram , Instagram settings that should work are:

Preferred Format: MP4 (with H.264 Codec & AAC audio, 3,500 kbps video bitrate)
Frame Rate: 30fps or below
Maximum Dimensions: 1080px Wide
Playback Length: Maximum of 60 seconds
Filesize Limit: 15mb

The problem is, that i dont know how to realize that in the Kdenlive parameters...
Clancularius
Registered Member

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:58 am
If you go to Project>Project settings that is where you choose resolution and frame rate.

When you click to render a file, you can choose the codec and file type there. There is a preset called "MP4 - the dominating format" that should be right for what has been said.
tracyjames
Registered Member

Fri May 06, 2022 3:10 am
I am using instazoomhd, you can refer to and experience the application, see if it is suitable for you
zolder
Registered Member

Mon May 09, 2022 8:46 pm
Never experienced any problems as you mention.
It's the same as with most social media. You have to upload in a file format they know.
If you use a for them unknown codec or file format instagram starts doing strange things, as no sound or such.
If you send it over a messenger it will be converted (one unnecessary time) and mostly compressed (aka loss). Sometimes that converting is helpfull as they convert to common file formats, but sometimes it is not helpfull. I avoid that to keep control.

For insta simply export in kdenlive to the common MP4 H264/AAC 720p HD format (1080p also possible but no need). Get it in my phone directly over the network here. And then upload it on insta.
H264/AAC is recognized and handled good by most social media.

Recently started making them in the insta video sizes to have more control over the eventual insta video's releases. viewtopic.php?f=265&t=173880
zaraustr
Registered Member

Sat May 21, 2022 8:18 pm
Honestly, this is the first time I have seen such a problem; usually, there are no problems uploading videos to Instagram. Maybe you have a barring setting from your phone? That seems to me to be the only explanation. I have an Instagram account where I post funny videos every day. It brings me a stable income now, but when I first started, it was bad because my videos did not get views. But I decided to buy views on Instagram here 1394TA, and for a good reason. Popular videos attract other people.
zolder
Registered Member

Sun May 22, 2022 3:30 pm
zaraustr wrote:Honestly, this is the first time I have seen such a problem; usually, there are no problems uploading videos to Instagram.

I've had it. This problem doesn't surprise me.
Exported in wrong codecs. Worked here on hardware but not on instagram. I've had it with both loss of image and audio.

If such problems then always first look up what the social media can handle, and most of all which they prefer (which usually gives the best result).
As soon as you use other codecs they will convert, and this often brings losses in quality, up to full loss of image or audio.
Most S.M. can work with H264/H265 for video and AAC for sound. These are quite conventional, both in use by S.M. as in software.
yasemin
Registered Member

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:53 am
I don't know what you're doing wrong, but maybe you should try using different third-party apps? Just a suggestion ;)
zolder
Registered Member

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:20 pm
... or just exactly not, as then those will use their own (different? unknown?) codecs on which you don't have control.
Some will help indeed, but instead others will just cause the problem.

As i mentioned. Render with H264/H265 for video and AAC for the sound. These should be working.
xerato
Registered Member

Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:15 pm
Why did you not try to upload the videos from your desktop? I think it would be better, as I know you can download the Instagram application on a PC or MAC without any problems. Even if you can't upload the videos directly, you can always use a mobile phone emulator like bluestacks. In this case, you didn't have any problems with the phone model because you will be able to choose that phone model to emulate. I know this information from my guys selling the Instagram video views. They just use VPNs and multiple phone emulator accounts to raise views on social media accounts.
artemiomorales
Registered Member

Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:30 am
I've got the best method of gaining opinions on how you can improve the reach and popularity of your Instagram account. The most popular Instagram account is Instagram reels. As you wish to promote yourself you can make funny reels this way can help you https://viplikes.net/buy-instagram-reels-views service where you can buy Instagram reels views and attract more visitors to your Instagram page. When you do this. you can make your account more well-known. I believe I've been helpful!
zolder
Registered Member

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:04 pm
Buying followers? :D That took down people more then once.
I personally would never buy followers. If people discover that your out. Gone. Canceled. Including gone all your other effort to build up something.

Patience! Good media. And then the followers will come by themselves. If not, you have to work on better more interesting stuff.

But eventually that's a choise (and risk) everyone has to choose for itselve.