This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

no audio recording

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jeffcraft
Registered Member

no audio recording

Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:58 pm
im not getting any sound recording in my videos. ive tried everything. i know my mic works because i can voice chat on discord on it but its not recording my audio in cheese or webcamoid. its not recording through my internal mic which as i said i know works. i really need to get this working as i do reviews and cover music. any ideas
crodgers
Registered Member

Re: no audio recording

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:58 pm
I recommend that you use a separate program for sound capture. Audacity is very nice and it's free:

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/
softwarefreund
Registered Member

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:11 am
Hey guys,

i was looking for a new free program to recording sound. You can recommend Garageband? Then i will try this one out...

Thanks guys!
bartoloni
OS

Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:12 am
mickfoley wrote:I'm suggest you Ga*******nd, part of the iLife suite of applications, turns the Mac into a versatile multitrack audio recording studio. Using GarageBand, you and your students can compose and produce original music, record spoken word and music projects, create enhanced podcasts, and score movies edited with iMovie. 8)

ht://gar*********wss.com/

there is not garage band for linux, the forum is not about Windows/mac softwares but about Kdenlive support... if there is an issue with audio recording we are here to understand and solve what happens..

the correct answer to this users is:

What version of OS are you using?
What version of Kdenlive are you using?

Last edited by bartoloni on Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bartoloni
OS

Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:18 am
jeffcraft wrote:im not getting any sound recording in my videos. ive tried everything. i know my mic works because i can voice chat on discord on it but its not recording my audio in cheese or webcamoid. its not recording through my internal mic which as i said i know works. i really need to get this working as i do reviews and cover music. any ideas

What version of Kdenlive are you using? on what os?
bartoloni
OS

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:12 pm
davidkit wrote:Yes garageband is best DAW it is a apple product but you are using free Garageband for Windows using emulator.

really? again?
bartoloni
OS

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:20 am
jeffcraft wrote: but its not recording my audio in cheese or webcamoid.

OK is too difficult to understand that there is an issue with audio drivers? (or hardware device?) how you can think that if the audio is not working generally on linux an emulator can't SKIP the virtualized audio and take direct access to hardware to make Mic start working?

the user write just 1 post this mean that probably he has fixed the audio issue (reinstalling Linux or upgrading or semething else)