This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Newbie kdenlive 0.9.6 under kubuntu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
anonprivate
Registered Member
OS

Newbie kdenlive 0.9.6 under kubuntu

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:00 pm
Hello,

I need some help with the programme,

I have dragged a 3gp file to the clip box, then dragged the file to video1, then split the audio to give audio1.

From here, how do I adjust the treble and base of the audio file?

Thanks

Ps. Running kdenlive under kubuntu 14.04

Manjaro (KDE) 17.1.7, or,
Kubuntu 16.04.4
crodgers
Registered Member
Just right-click on the audio track and add an effect. You'll be able to choose which effect(s) you can add from the drop down menus.

Also, I highly recommend that you switch to Kdenlive 9.10 - it's much more stable than 9.6 and 9.8.
anonprivate
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

Thanks for responding.

I will try your suggestion.

In the meantime, where can I get the latest version of the programme (suitable for kubuntu)?

I obtained the current, and, only available version, from the kubuntu repository.

Best wishes.

A

EDIT

Just looked at the PPA's. For ubuntu, the version is for 16.04. I am using kubuntu version 14!

Regarding Debian, 0.9.10 is available, not sure if it will work with kubuntu ver 14. and it is unsupported!

Please can you advise.

Kubuntu 16.04.4
anonprivate
Registered Member
OS
crodgers wrote:Just right-click on the audio track and add an effect. You'll be able to choose which effect(s) you can add from the drop down menus.

Also, I highly recommend that you switch to Kdenlive 9.10 - it's much more stable than 9.6 and 9.8.

I tried your suggestion, but could not find base or treble!

Kubuntu 16.04.4
crodgers
Registered Member
Kdenlive 9.10 should install and work properly on Kubuntu 14.04. I'm running KXstudio which is based on Ubuntu 14.04 and am running Kdenlive 9.10.

Give the following instructions a try. If the method on the first link doesn't work, try the second link:

http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-kdenli ... rivatives/

http://www.louco73.com/2015/03/installi ... 1-rebecca/

You could always try the Debian package version, but I don't know if it includes all of the dependencies. You should be able to get a working Kdenlive 9.10 version in Kubuntu 14.04 since it works fine in Ubuntu 14.04 (I think Linux Mint 17 is also based on Ubuntu 14.04). Although I use Linux I'm not really an expert on it, so you may have to do some research.

For the audio effects; they are plugins that you may need to install with your package manager. Usually, they are listed under LADSPA and LV2, but there will probably be more audio effects packages available.
anonprivate
Registered Member
OS
crodgers wrote:Kdenlive 9.10 should install and work properly on Kubuntu 14.04. I'm running KXstudio which is based on Ubuntu 14.04 and am running Kdenlive 9.10.

Give the following instructions a try. If the method on the first link doesn't work, try the second link:

http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-kdenli ... rivatives/

http://www.louco73.com/2015/03/installi ... 1-rebecca/

You could always try the Debian package version, but I don't know if it includes all of the dependencies. You should be able to get a working Kdenlive 9.10 version in Kubuntu 14.04 since it works fine in Ubuntu 14.04 (I think Linux Mint 17 is also based on Ubuntu 14.04). Although I use Linux I'm not really an expert on it, so you may have to do some research.

For the audio effects; they are plugins that you may need to install with your package manager. Usually, they are listed under LADSPA and LV2, but there will probably be more audio effects packages available.

9.10 now installed from the first http link.

I still need to look further for the bass and treble controls - they must be there somewhere. (UPDATE, I have found the Equalizer)

I have noticed that in audio I see the sound graphic, but this time without the wave. Is this to be expected? (UPDATE sound graphic has appeared).

Regarding project manager, what does the blue strip indicate?

I have noticed that at the end of playing the audio I get a buzzing sound. I noted this in the previous version as well. Pressing stop removes this sound.

Regarding the Equalizer, I made a number of adjustments using the slide bars, but did not notice any changes to the sound. Do drastic changes have to be made?

Best wishes.

Kubuntu 16.04.4
crodgers
Registered Member
Good.

I think you're talking about the blue line which appears above the timeline and below both the clip monitor and project monitor. This line is used to select a portion of your video for a specific use. For the Clip Monitor, the selected video is the portion of video that you can place in the timeline - instead of using the whole clip. For the Project Monitor, it allows you to render just the selected video instead of the entire project:

Not sure about the equalizer - don't know which one you are using. It may require keyframes to work properly.

For audio effects:

In Synaptic Package Manager, make sure to install the following plugin packages if you have them - I have them all installed:

carla-lv2
carla-vst
carla-data
carla-git
linuxsampler-lv2
klangfalter-lv2
rubberband-lv2
caps-lv2
dpf-plugins
distrho-plugin-ports-lv2
x42-plugins
zam-plugins
calf-plugins
caps (C* audio plugin suite)
eq10q
fomp
teragonaudio-plugins-lv2
tal-plugins-lv2
guitarix
holap
tap-lv2
tap-plugins
infamous-plugins
invada-studio-plugins-lv2
libasound2-plugins
mod-mda-lv2

You may not have some of these, but the more you have - the more audio effects you'll have access to.

Hope that helps.